EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIV ASSISTANT
Young Adult Ministry, FT Employee
Diocese of Corpus Christi (Corpus Christi, TX)
The Executive Administrative Assistant to the St. Thomas Aquinas Chaplin will provide administrative, pastoral and supervisory assistance to the Chaplin at St. Thomas Aquinas Newman Center, Texas A&M - Kingsville, Texas
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the Chaplin in the operation of the Newman Center and Chapel.
• Promotes the vision, mission and goals of the Newman Center and Chapel.
• Develops conferences, retreats, workshops and outreach as assigned for the Newman Center.
• Handles phone calls and e-mail communications and disperses as necessary.
• Makes copies, handles disbursements and check requests.
• Maintains and monitors Newman Center calendars.
• Monitors budget.
• Training, support and directing of Aides, student and adult volunteers along with recruitment and retention.
• Prepares letters and mail-outs.
• Assists Newman Center Chaplain with the various programs and activities associated with the center.
• Assists with the directing and developing social media for the Newman Center and Chapel.
• Schedules and assists with student organization meetings.
• Participates in grant writing and fundraising efforts.
• Maintains an alumni list.
• Coordinates safe environment and Food Handler training for volunteers.
• Prepares daily deposits.
• Oversees publishing of weekly bulletin.
• Oversees registration of participants for various events.
• Oversees and coordinates housekeeping staff.
• All other duties as assigned
Requirements, Skills and Knowledge:
• Must be a committed, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
• Possess a BA in Business Management.
• Must be able to organize work priorities.
• Be able to produce various business and correspondence documents.
• Plan for meetings, large luncheons and events.
• Proficient in all elements of Microsoft Office.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Possess good management skills.
• Familiarity with facilities maintenance a plus.
• Experienced in general office procedures.
• Experienced in use of office equipment.
• Completion of mail duties.
• Daily Banking.
• Maintenance of petty cash.
• Supplies management.
• Must work a highly flexible schedule.
• Must be discreet with highly confidential information.
• Must be certified in “Maintaining & Creating a Safe Environment” for the Diocese of Corpus Christi - Office of Child and Youth Protection.
• Uses GAP and diocesan finance practices & polices.
• Pass a criminal background check and drug testing.
• Obtain a Food Handlers License.
• Possess a valid Texas driver’s license (0)