DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY
Pastoral Ministry, FT Employee
Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Glenview, IL)
The Director of Youth Ministry is a new position at OLPH. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall strategic direction and implementation of a youth ministry program. This will involve creating and growing a new youth ministry program with components of service, spiritual development, community building, and faith formation. It will also involve supporting several existing youth ministry programs including a KAIROS retreat program, a teen led Mass, and an annual summer mission trip to Guatemala.
The short-term (1-3 yrs.) focus of the Director of Youth Ministry will be on building meaningful relationships with high school teens (and their parents) in freshman through junior years, creating new programming, and successfully bridging that programming to a robust KAIROS retreat program during senior year. The KAIROS retreat program has been nurtured by the same associate pastor for the past 20 years. The long-term (3+ yrs.) goal is to expand youth and young adult ministry efforts to include parishioners in junior high school and college.
OLPH seeks practicing Catholic applicants who model Christian lifestyle and who possess:
• A mature spirituality and a committed faith life
• A demonstrated passion for empowering young people to live as disciples of Christ
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with varied audiences
• The ability and desire to work evenings and weekends
• The ability to engender trust and confidentiality, and the strength of character to realize when that trust and confidence must be broken for the good of the young person
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant theological/pastoral discipline
• A minimum of three years of youth ministry experience in parish or educational settings (experience in growing youth ministry programs preferred)
• With a population of 45,000, Glenview is located in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Approximately 54% of Glenview residents are affiliated with a religious congregation. Of those, 70% identify themselves as Catholic.
Interested candidates that are excited to share the joy of the Gospel with the high school students of OLPH should email a cover letter, resume, two professional references and salary requirements to [REMOVED - SEE ORIGINAL LISTING] (0)