DIOCESAN DIRECTOR OF LITURGICAL MUSIC
Music Ministry, FT Employee
Diocese of Raleigh (Raleigh, NC)
The Director of Liturgical Music leads and supervises liturgical music for both the Sacred Heart Cathedral Parish community, as well as the faithful of the Diocese of Raleigh for Diocesan celebrations of the Sacred Liturgy. The Director also assists both the Cathedral parish and Diocese in the preparations for the new Holy Name Jesus Cathedral, expected to be dedicated in 2017.
• Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
• Strong understanding of Catholic liturgical music and worship
• Graduate degree in Liturgical Music or related study with a demonstrated proficiency in organ accompaniment and pastoral music.
• Five years of demonstrated successful experience in liturgical music ministry, including organ and piano accompaniment, as well as choir conducting.
• Working knowledge and appreciation of both traditional and contemporary liturgical music
• Ability to work with people of all ages and abilities as well as the skills to facilitate the recruitment and development of choral and instrumental personnel for music ministry
• Demonstrated proficiency in organ and piano accompaniment and have a knowledge of choral vocal techniques and conducting
• Ability to organize, develop and supervise choral groups and cantors, lead rehearsals, and schedule music
• Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and relationship skills
• Ability to function in a self-directed but collaborative work environment, the ability to direct and supervise volunteer and professional administrative support staff, communicate effectively with leadership, volunteer and professional musicians
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Ability to travel throughout the Diocese as required (up to 25%)
• Proven understanding of the Spanish language and Hispanic liturgical music and customs
In addition to a competitive salary, the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh provides a comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental and vision insurance, group life and long term disability insurance, and a generous 403(b) plan.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to [REMOVED - SEE ORIGINAL LISTING] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- diocese of raleigh liturgical music