This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
YOUTH MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Mary’s Cathedral Parish (Amarillo, TX)
Youth Minister Wanted:
St. Mary’s Cathedral Parish located in Amarillo Texas, is looking for a dynamic, energetic and motived hands-on team player to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate all facets of the Catechetical Formation program for our EDGE/LIFE TEEN Youth Ministry Program. (grades 6-12 ) In conjunction with the Pastor, the Catechumenate Directors, Liturgical/ Lay Ministry Coordinator, and Parish Staff, the Coordinator of Youth Ministry formulates and administers a Comprehensive Youth Ministry approach for the youth of the Parish. The position includes serving those in Sacramental Preparation as well as performing other duties as deemed necessary and/or assigned by the Pastor. This position is full time with benefits. Salary Range is $35,000-$50,000 Depending on experience and qualifications. Must have your own transportation, be able to work some nights per week as well as most weekends.
Job Experience – Experience in Life Teen / Edge Programs preferred but will consider familiarity in Comprehensive Youth Ministry / 8 Modules of the USCCB Bishop’s Documents on Youth Ministry. “Renewing the Vision”.
Education – Qualifications – Bachelor’s Degree Theology/ Religious Studies / Youth Ministry/ Religious Education / Pastoral Care/ or related field.
• Must demonstrate compassion, hospitality and approachability.
• Must possess a passion for Youth Ministry and Religious Education.
• Must have a love and zeal for Middle and High School Youth.
• Practicing Roman Catholic
• At least 21 years of age
• Knowledge of the Charter for Protection of Children by USCCB and successfully complete Safe Environment Training
• Able to pass a back ground check and have valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of Comprehensive Youth Ministry “Renewing the Vision” by USCCB
• minimum of 3 years’ experience in Catholic Faith Formation or Related Field
• Experience in fiscal management and development
• Bilingual a plus
• Certification in Youth Ministry Preferred
• Proficient computer and Internet skills and knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher, Excel.
• Must be proficient in the use of a variety of office equipment.
• Must have knowledge and ability to maintain social media sites, feeds and pages of the Youth Office.
• Must be competent in fiscal matters and statistical data.
• Must have knowledge of management, supervision and human resource management.
• Must demonstrate leadership abilities to lead volunteers as well as the ability to work with Diocesan personnel and the public.
• Must demonstrate creativity, initiative and sensitivity to people’s needs.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality as well as fulfill tasks in a professional manner.
• Must be able to work independently and keep abreast of global, national and diocesan trends in the field of Catholic Youth Ministry.
Who is a Catholic coordinator of youth ministry?
The first thing necessary is a real sense of being a disciple of Jesus Christ. Before Catholic/Christian coordinators of youth ministry do anything, they must be serious about their relationship with God in Jesus Christ. That means an active prayer life, familiarity with scripture, especially the gospels, a real connection to church life including the sacraments, its moral teaching and the realization of their own need for conversion.
Coordinators of youth ministry must love young people too! They should have a real desire to serve young people by helping them experience God’s love for them and the communities desire to invite them into the life and mission of the church. Coordinators of youth ministry are evangelizers who live and preach the Gospel with joy and conviction. They serve as a mentor, guide, example, teacher, companion, and friend in the gospel sense of that word. They know how to set and respect boundaries, have a good sense of self, and are not afraid to speak the challenging words young people and, for that matter, adults sometimes need to hear.
They are also passionate about justice and peace as well as fostering church teaching on respecting life at all its stages and circumstances. They realize that it is the parish or the school that is the real youth minister. The whole community does youth ministry-not just one person.
Specific Job Description:
The following describes responsibilities performed by Director of Youth Ministry at St. Mary’s Cathedral. These duties are performed with the goal of leading teens closer to Christ through educational, social, emotional and spiritual programs.
STAFF MEMBER- Being available to staff as co-worker. All events or celebrations involving staff participation and organization.
CONTINUE EDUCATION – Continually studying the latest Youth Ministry Information, Trainings, Bible studies, Conferences, Seminars provided throughout the year through the Diocese or EDGE/LIFETEEN Nationally.
LIFE TEEN/EDGE Coordinator – Liaison for the Youth Office with Parish Staff, Family, and Programs. Coordinate, train, recruit volunteers for Youth Ministry Programs. Program Retreats, Rallies, Youth Trips, Service Projects, Socials, Outreach Ministry, Summer Socials, Small Group Bible Studies, ALL food for activities, maintain the running of the Youth Center, Continued education for Volunteers, fundraisers, Baccalaureate. Track Attendance and attend semi-annual coordination meetings for preparing teens for a Quinceanera Celebration. Be present at all LIFE NIGHTS and EDGE NIGHTS to lead volunteer team and oversee food, teens, programming and materials.
LITURGY – Schedule Edge Masses. Coordinate Lay Ministry for Edge Mass. Work with Contemporary Music Ministry for music outside of Liturgy. Work with Lay Ministry/Liturgy Coordinator in placing teens in Lay Ministry Positions.
DIOCESE – Responsible for our Youth Program to be involved at the Diocesan Level. Coordinate our volunteers and involvement with Rally.
OUTREACH – Birthday Cards, visit school functions, Promote and encourage youth through their activities. Bulletin Boards, Social Media outreach, mailing, flyers, promos.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – Educate, Recruit, Train, Organize, Celebrate all volunteers within the Youth program. Be available for support and resources to volunteers as needed within their ministry. Leadership Development of youth.
CONFIRMATION COORDINATION – Super Saturday Coordinating, Training of Teens, Record Keeping of attendance. Coordinate Confirmation Liturgy and reception.
OFFICE MANAGEMENT and BUDGET – phone calls, emails, mail-outs, flyers, social media, bulletin board, budget reports, bank account management, updating office resources, classroom materials etc
SEASONAL PROGRAMMING-involving youth in the liturgical life of the parish and its celebrations, for example, youth leading the Stations of the Cross during Lent.
If interested in applying for this position, please send your resume via mail, email or fax to :
Sheri Friemel – Director of Youth Ministry
St. Mary’s Cathedral Parish
1200 S. Washington
Amarillo, Texas 79102
FAX – (806) 376-7972 (211)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic diocesan Youth Director Qualifications
- Catholic Youth Director Qualifications
- amarillo texas
- amarillo tx news
- catholic requirements for quienciera at st marys of amarillo
- church youth leader convicted relationship news
- youth ministry program