This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
YOUTH MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Diocese of Fresno (Fresno, CA)
YOUTH MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Under general supervision from the Director – Office of Ministries, plans, develops, implements, and evaluates all aspects of youth ministry for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fresno; personally performs/conducts youth ministry related activities/tasks; and performs related job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Youth Ministry Coordinator, reporting to and supervised by the Director – Office of Ministries, is responsible for coordinating all aspects/functions (programs, services, activities and staff) associated with the Diocese of Fresno’s Youth Ministry Program. The focus of this single-position classification is Diocesan wide with particular emphasis on supporting youth ministry programs at the parish level. As such, the incumbent of this position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and services oriented to youth ministry. In addition, the incumbent recommends and formulates policies, procedures, rules, regulations, guidelines, and protocols associated with the administration of youth ministry formation programs in the Diocese of Fresno. Furthermore, the incumbent serves as liaison and represented for the Office of Ministries by advocating, promoting, and supporting youth ministries to Diocesan parishes, vocation offices, the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministry, and the Northern California Youth Directors.
Due to the sensitive nature of this position and the working relationship to the Director – Office of Ministries, the following assume paramount importance: strong program allegiance, active loyalty, and close working relationship with the Director – Office of Ministries; program leadership and vision; strong program supervisorial skills, abilities and knowledge; effective oral and written communication skills and abilities; ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all Diocesan levels, with the priests of the diocese, and with other religious assigned throughout the Diocese of Fresno. In addition, the following characteristics are also vital to carrying out the responsibilities of this position: a high degree of maturity, integrity and good judgment; initiative; ability to work independently; and the ability to exercise discretion under general supervision and management oversight, and in concert with the pastoral direction of the Bishop. Finally, incumbents must be knowledgeable of youth ministry formation principles, concepts, techniques and approaches.
SAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The information listed below is meant to serve as samples of job duties and responsibilities for this position. This list is neither inclusive nor exclusive, but indicative of several typical duties performed. Consequently, this information does not reflect Essential Functions pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
1. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates all aspects of Youth Ministry, under the general supervision of the Director – Office of Ministries.
2. Confers and consults with the Director – Office of Ministries, parish priests, Directors of Religious Education, and other individuals involved in youth ministry regarding program development, implementation and assessment.
3. Confers and consults with the Director – Office of Ministries, parish priests, Directors of Religious Education, and other individuals involved in youth ministry regarding policies, procedures, rules, regulations, guidelines, and protocols.
4. Evaluates, recommends, and integrates the Church’s foundational/doctrinal documents/positions into ministry formation.
5. Plans, develops, and conducts the annual, new youth minister orientation program.
6. Coordinates and/or personally conducts/directs youth ministry training and presentations at the Diocesan and parish level; provides resources and support to parishes regarding retreats, conferences, workshops, and training activities/events.
7. Prepares, submits, and justifies a record of income/expenditures report associated with conferences, workshops, and training events.
8. Represents the Diocese of Fresno and the Office of Ministries at local, state, regional, and national conferences, meetings, and events supporting youth ministry and other Office ministries programs. Serves as liaison for the above-listed entities and diocesan-based organizations falling within the scope of youth ministry.
9. Meets with youth ministers and encourages continuing education/formation including becoming certified catechists pursuant to the California Catholic Conference guidelines.
10. Prepares, or causes to be prepared, correspondence, letters, reports, and other associated written materials.
11. Translates from English to Spanish and Spanish to English as required. Translation may be in oral or written form.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Catholic Christian pastoral or ministry training principles, techniques, approaches, policies, and procedures.
• Youth ministry formation principles, concepts, techniques, and approaches.
• Youth ministry formation on the local, regional, and national levels.
• The Catholic documents: “Renewing the Vision”, “A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry”, and “Sons and Daughters of the Light”.
• Vatican II and Catholic Church doctrine.
• Current teachings from Pope Francis.
• Catholic Church policies regarding social issues.
• The organization of and guidelines from the National Federation of Catholic Youth Ministry, the California Catholic Conference, and the U.S.C.C.B.
• Organizational structure of the Diocese of Fresno and the Office of Ministries.
• Region XI Committee on Spanish Speaking (RECOSS).
• English and Spanish language.
• Basic program budgeting and fiscal forecasting.
• Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Operating procedures associated with general office equipment including audio/visual equipment, personal computers, laptop computers, printers, scanners, digital/analog recording devices, etc.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong allegiance, active loyalty, and close working relationship with the Director – Office of Ministries.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong youth ministry program leadership and vision.
• Strong youth ministry program supervision/coordination skills and abilities.
• Effective oral and written communication skills and abilities.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all Diocesan levels, with priests of the Diocese, and with other religious assigned throughout the Diocese of Fresno.
• A high degree of maturity, integrity, and good judgment.
• Ability to work independently, takes initiative, and coordinates multiple projects/events.
• Ability to exercise discretion under general supervision and management oversight, and in concert with the pastoral direction of the Bishop.
• Ability to gather, analyze and interpret research and data associated with youth ministry programs and services.
• Ability and skill to prepare clear and concise reports, memoranda, correspondence, and other work related documentation.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret youth ministry program policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, regulations, and protocols.
• Ability to develop, justifies, evaluate, and implement youth ministry policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, regulations, and protocols.
• Ability to make presentations before small or large groups, committees and organizations.
• Skill and ability to work collaboratively with Office of Ministries program coordinators, staff, volunteers, parish priests and religious assigned throughout the Diocese.
• Ability to assign, review and coordinate the work of support staff and volunteers.
• Ability to establish and maintain cultural sensitivity and inclusiveness among all cultural and ethnic groups within the Diocese.
• Ability to operate computer software programs including Microsoft Office Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access; ability to establish and maintain databases and spreadsheets.
• Skill and ability to operate general office equipment including personal computers, laptop computers, printers, scanners, audio/visual equipment, and digital/analog recording devices.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Catechetics, Education, or a closely related field that is acceptable within the United States’ accredited college or university system.
Experience: Three (3) years full-time, paid work experience in youth ministry or Catholic school education. Ideally, said work experience should include working with multiple ethnic groups in various socio-economic settings.
License: Possession of a valid California Class “C” Driver License.
Certification: Possession of Youth Ministry Certificate or Advanced Catechetical Certificate.
Other: Training/formation in intercultural ministerial approaches/programs is highly desired.
Applicants must be bilingual proficient in Spanish and English.
Applicants must be a practicing Catholic in good standing who are living within the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Evidence of satisfactory completion of USCCB Safe Environment Training Program. (335)
Incoming search terms:
- fresno ca news
- translation procedures