This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
YOUTH MINISTERY COORDINATOR
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Pius X Parish (Grandville, MI)
St. Pius X Parish in Grandville is discerning who will serve as our next Youth Minister. We seek a servant-leader with the vision and skills to continue our work in building a sustainable youth ministry by coordinating ministries that lead young people to grow their relationship with Jesus Christ by practicing our Roman Catholic faith.
Ideally, the successful candidate will begin work late this spring in a transition process with our current youth minister. Minimum requirements for this position include a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, youth ministry certification or desire to become certified, and significant experience in parish life. This is a full time position with salary and benefits.
For a complete job description and application information-and to learn more about community-visit www.spxcatholic.org
Review of applications will commence March 11, 2013, and continue until the position is filled.
Send the following documents in PDF format via email to [email protected]:
1) cover letter; 2) resume with salary history; 3) at least three references
Please include your last name and “Youth Ministry Coordinator” in the subject line.
Alternatively, you may send a hard copy of these documents to:
Fr. Chris Rouech
St. Pius X Parish
3937 Wilson Ave. SW
Grandville, MI 49418
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
Purpose of this Ministry
The Youth Ministry Coordinator helps our parish provide comprehensive ministry to our high and middle school students as well as young adults. This individual serves as a spiritual leader to our young people and empowers them to become engaged in the parish community. By calling upon and channeling the gifts and talents of parishioners, the youth minister fosters deeper relationships with Jesus Christ and lifelong commitments to the Church as his body.
Reports to: Pastor
Collaborates with: Parish Faith Formation Director, parish staff, parishioner and youth leadership committees, volunteers and the parish community.
Status: Full-time Salary Exempt (40+ hours)
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Develops ministerial relationships with adolescents and their families by being visible and available in the community and parish.
2. Develops ministerial networks to support and mentor youth ministry team leaders, adults and youth.
3. Plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates activities and programs, including weekly gatherings of high school students, retreats for middle and high school youth, annual work camp and other events. Regularly evaluates the effectiveness of these gatherings and makes adaptations for improvement.
4. Coordinates confirmation preparation (grade 8) in conjunction with the Parish Faith Formation Director.
5. Models and gives witness to his/her personal faith.
6. Provides administration of youth ministry in terms of budgeting, communication, networking, record keeping and supervision.
1. Manifest a deep faith in Jesus Christ that is exemplified in the practice of the Roman Catholic faith, and moral character adhered to the values of the Gospel.
2. Experience in youth ministry under the model of “Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry” by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
3. Understands the principles of psychology and sociology, most especially those pertaining to adolescence and family development
4. Appropriate certification and clear criminal background checks required.
5. Openness and availability to work evenings and weekends.
6. Bachelor’s Degree in theology or other related field.
7. Ongoing personal and professional development is required and is competency based.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Familiar with the vision of the “new evangelization” articulated by Paul Benedict XVI and intuitively incorporates sound Roman Catholic principles when teaching and interacting with parishioners.
2. Proven abilities in pastoral leadership, demonstrated through the ability to
b. call people to prayer
c. effectively lead meetings
d. establish and align goals, and engage others in the enactment of a vision
e. identify talents and delegate.
3. Strong organizational skills, including event planning and time management.
4. Respects personal boundaries and maintains confidentiality.
5. Embraces technology and social media as tools for ministry; proficient with Facebook and Microsoft Office Software (Word, Outlook, Publisher and Excel). (93)