This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
Saint Cecilia Houston (Houston, TX)
HIGH SCHOOL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH MINISTER
St. Cecilia Catholic Community
11720 Joan of Arc Drive – Houston, TX 77024
Saint Cecilia’s is a dynamic Catholic parish in West Houston. Every year we confirm over 150 youth and minister to over 400 High School youth and 300 Middle School youth. We use Life Teen as a model for our ministry. Each year we go on four retreats, a summer conference, and run a summer camp for middle school youth.
The Youth Minister will serve as part of the Youth Ministry and Religious Education Teams. This person will be responsible for catechizing, as well as advocating the needs and concerns of our youth in grades 6 – 12 by designing and implementing appropriate youth related programs. The Youth Minister will receive direction from the Pastor through the Coordinator of Youth Ministry along with support from fellow members of the Parish staff. The goal of the Youth Minister is to lead teens closer to Christ.
• Work with the Coordinator of Youth Ministries to develop and execute the LIFE TEEN and EDGE program. This includes recruiting, training, supporting and nurturing the Core Team.
• Coordinate and help facilitate high school and middle school youth retreats on and off campus.
• Coordinate events outside of regular LIFE TEEN & EDGE meetings. (Bible study, social events, etc.)
• Maintain good communication with parents & teens through various means. (E-mail, website, etc.)
• Be a positive role model by living the Catholic faith.
• Reach out to high school and middle school youth by visiting them on their school campus; (all schools serving our parishioners.)
• Assist in running middle school summer camp.
• Foster community within the EDGE between SCCS students and other middle school students.
• Evangelize the high school and middle school youth who are not currently connected to the Parish through either the day school or CCE.
• Attend and participate in weekly St. Cecilia staff meetings, monthly Diocesan Youth Ministry meetings and all other meetings necessary to fulfill job requirements.
A person called to serve as the high school and middle school Youth Minister should have:
• A strong commitment to God
• A clear understanding of and commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Initiative. The ideal candidate must be a self starter
• A willing desire to share his or her love and faith with youth
• Spiritual maturity to interact appropriately with teens of both genders
• Be personable and able to relate to youth
• Theology degree helpful – confidence in apologetics is necessary
• Previous youth ministry experience
• Ability to function as a viable member of the Parish staff
• Computer literacy (Power Point, editing skills and video experience helpful)
• Bilingual abilities a plus
• Musical talent beneficial
• Experience and ability to speak/preach to a large group (300+)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to David Thies: [email protected] (199)
Incoming search terms:
- New Pastor at St Cecilia Houston
- saint cecilia hou tx EDGe
- st cecilia catholic church houston texas
- st cecilia houston new pastor
- who is the New Pastor at st cecelias catholic church in Houston texas