This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
YOUTH MINISTER – HIGH SCHOOL
Youth Ministry, FT Employee
St. Mary Catholic Parish (Littleton, CO)
St. Mary Catholic Parish and School has an “out of the box” opportunity in youth ministry. Incumbent will be responsible for all high school youth ministry efforts including Spanish Exchange Program, pilgrimages, summer camps, etc. Necessary qualities for success include great leadership, ability to vision & implement new programs and curriculum, experience with international programs, open-minded team player, bi-lingual in Spanish a plus but not necessary. Requirements: active, practicing Catholic and minimum Bachelor’s degree (combination of education & experience may be considered). To apply, submit cover letter, resume, & salary requirements by 9/8/14 to [email protected]
This position is responsible for oversight/coordination of all high school (Emmaus), and all youth ministry efforts including Spanish Exchange Program. The position also includes planning/coordination/execution of High School Pilgrimages, Summer Camps, and Mission Trips.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
In conjunction with the vision and under the supervision of the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary and the Director of Discipleship and Catechesis, the incumbent will assess the needs, assist in the development of, and implement all high school youth ministry programs. The incumbent will establish and maintain parish-wide communications to staff and parishioners through the following functions:
• Management and leadership of St. Mary Catholic Parish High School Youth Ministry (EMMAUS)
• Management and leadership of the Spanish Exchange Program, making it an integral part of high school youth ministry
• Coordination of all high school youth ministry efforts to include the management and oversight of RCIT sacramental prep for teens
• Planning/coordination/execution of conferences, service opportunities, retreats, pilgrimages, summer camps, and mission trips
• Works closely with the Middle School Youth Minister, collaborating together as a team to form a unified program and assisting each other as needed
Direct Manager: Director of Discipleship and Catechesis
Guidance & Inspiration: Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary
Exempt, Salaried, Full Time: 40+ hours per week with benefits.
Works flexible schedule as necessary (nights, weekends, etc.).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but not limited to):
Management & Leadership
• Manage and coach employees, volunteers or interns assigned to Youth Ministry programs.
• Implementation and management of a team of volunteers to assist with administrative duties.
• Submit and review weekly activity reports to the Director of Discipleship & Catechesis, detailing programs and assessing opportunities for growth
• Attend & participate in weekly department meetings and monthly staff meetings
• Set annual goals and objectives for youth ministry programming
• Initiate procedures for evaluating the effectiveness of youth ministry programs in the parish by creating an activity evaluation template that includes “next steps”.
• Communicate to staff to facilitate communication and decision making
• Represent the parish and keep informed through attendance at diocesan, regional, and national youth ministry conferences
• Recruit, train, assign, and evaluate volunteer leaders
• Create a High School Youth Ministry handbook that includes:
o Volunteer job descriptions and expectations
o Participant and parent job descriptions and expectations
o Program descriptions and goals
o Ministry Calendars
• Publicize and offer education programs and support systems for volunteer leaders
• Coordinate participation in diocesan sponsored training programs
• Effectively communicate to gain the endorsement, support, and involvement of parents and parish organizations
High School Youth Ministry (EMMAUS)
The Youth Minister is responsible for the development and administration of the high school program (in conjunction with the Director of Discipleship and Catechesis and the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary) and is responsible for communication to parents, priests, and parish staff. Duties include:
• In conjunction with the DCJM, write curriculum and implement and direct weekly high school Youth Ministry (EMMAUS) program, presenting an organized and systematic formation for high school youth.
• Coordination of high school retreats, trips and special events including necessary safety/legal paperwork.
• Regular communication with high school parents.
• Representation of Youth Ministry at St. Mary School by participating in the SMS Campus Ministry program in partnership with the Middle School Youth Minister.
Spanish Exchange Program
The Youth Minister is responsible for the development and administration of the Spanish Exchange Program (in conjunction with the Director of Discipleship and Catechesis and the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary) and is responsible for communication to parents, priests, and parish staff. Duties include:
• In conjunction with the Pastor, responsible for visioning, implementation, and oversight of new plan to make the annual summer Spanish Exchange Program an integral part of EMMAUS
• Supervision and oversight of stipend employees
• Coordination with counter-part in Spain
Coordination of Pilgrimages, Summer Camps, Backpacking Trips, Mission Trips, etc.
• Serve as the primary lead for all high school pilgrimages, summer camps, backpacking trips, and extraordinary activities
• In conjunction with the Middle School Youth Minister, coordination and implementation of mission trips – domestic and foreign
• Oversight and management of all associated fundraising activities
• Oversight and management of the production of program booklets for all of these extraordinary activities
Collaboration with Middle School Youth Minister
• Regular meeting and planning with middle school Youth Minister to ensure compatibility and consistency between programs
• Serve as role model for middle-school students
• Assist Middle School Youth Minister as needed
TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE PROFILE:
• Bachelor’s degree in theology and related equivalent work experience in youth ministry
• Understands the Catholic faith and is an active, practicing member of a Catholic parish
• Knowledge of and adherence to Church teaching, doctrine and procedures
• Demonstrated experience in management with planning and organizational skills for coordinating activities of staff, volunteers, and programs
• Employee evaluation, coaching, supervision, and development
• Volunteer recruitment, evaluation & development
• Budget planning
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and well-developed critical thinking patterns
• Project management, program development & implementation of growth initiatives
• Leadership skills in group dynamics, interpersonal relationships, conflict management, and team dynamics
• Public relations ability including writing & public speaking communication skills
• Excellent computer skills, preferably experienced in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, & Power Point)
PROFILE FOR SUCCESS:
• Cooperation and teamwork: Works well with others
• Judgment in job performance: Decision making ability
• Reliability and quality of work: Achieves results
• Mission of the Church: Connects the work of the parish office to the parishioner experience
• Takes initiative: Develops continuously
• Communication: Professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
• Supervision and leadership: Leads courageously (117)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic middle school and high school mission trips