This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULT FAITH FORMATION COORDINATOR
Religious Education, FT Employee
St. Paul the Apostle Parish (Bangor, ME)
The primary responsibility of the Youth and Young Adult Coordinator is to deepen and nurture the faith in all high school aged and young adult parishioners in St. Paul the Apostle Parish. The Coordinator serves to form youth and young adult disciples who are empowered to evangelize. To that end, the Coordinator works closely with the Director of Faith Formation to plan, coordinate and implement the parish’s efforts in ministry to youth in grades 9-12 and adults ages 18-35. In addition to the implementation of programs and curricula, a primary responsibility for the Coordinator is developing and fostering a community of faithful and well-formed catechists and volunteers. Additionally, the coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact for families, youth and young adults in the parish regarding faith formation for these age ranges.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions):
• Coordinates the outreach to and evangelization of all age appropriate youth and young adult members of the parish.
• Plans and conducts all weekly sessions for all of St. Paul the Apostle Parish high school youth ministry participants (including generating and implementing session content, facilitating youth led Evening Prayer and moderating youth discussion).
• Facilitates, attends, and oversees bi-weekly meetings of the St. Paul the Apostle Parish High School Youth Leadership Team (SPYLT).
• Plans and conducts all monthly sessions of CAFE (Catholic Adult Faith Enrichment), the parish’s young adult group, including selecting topics and arranging speakers.
• Facilitates monthly sessions of the young families group, The Way We Grow.
• Plans and conducts occasional events and activities for youth and young adults including recreational gatherings and the parish’s week-long summer program for high school youth, the Summer Conclave.
• Fosters the involvement of youth and young adults in the life of the parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities.
• Meets on a weekly basis with the Director of Faith Formation and attends all staff meetings as scheduled.
• Assists, supports, and implements the development of the budget, curriculum, calendar and methodology of catechesis in high school youth ministry and ministry to young adults for the Parish.
• Serves as the primary point of contact and support to all youth ministry catechists and young adult volunteers, which includes: coordinating and recruiting catechists and volunteers, scheduling and facilitating monthly meetings, providing appropriate training, and planning events and activities to deepen the faith and strengthen the sense of community among catechists and volunteers.
• Continuously communicates, invites and updates the youth (and their parents) and young adults of the Parish about the youth ministry and young adult programs.
• Collaborates with the Director in implementing the goals and happenings for high school youth and young adults in connection with the Diocesan Office of Lifelong Faith Formation and serves as the liaison between St. Paul the Apostle Parish and the youth and young adult ministers of neighboring parishes in the diocese.
• Other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Is a practicing Roman Catholic who understands and enthusiastically supports the mission and purpose of the Catholic Church and parish in the modern world.
• Adheres to and understands the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and is able to evaluate curriculum and catechetical programs for faithfulness to church teaching.
• Builds community and works as part of a team.
• Has completed or will successfully complete within 90 days of start of employment the diocesan program “Protecting God’s Children.”
• Meets all of the employment policies specified in the Diocese of Portland “Cluster Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.”
• Demonstrates basic proficiency with a personal computer so as to be able to carry out normal office functions.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Is willing to work on nights and weekends as needed or requested.
• Attains, possesses, and maintains a valid Maine driver’s license and is insurable.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in theology or philosophy from a Catholic institution preferred.
• One to three years prior experience in youth or young adult ministry preferred.
• Strong leadership and administration skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Position Status: Full Time, Exempt Status
Salary: $26,000 – $32,000 pay scale (commensurate to experience) plus benefits
Reports to: Director of Faith Formation
Interested applicants should send both their Cover Letter and Resume to the attention of Mrs. AnneMarie Coleman, Director of Faith Formation by March 15, 2013.
St. Paul the Apostle Parish
207 York Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Or Email (Cover Letter and Resume) to:
[email protected] (259)
Incoming search terms:
- Annamarie coleman St Paul the apostle parish
- faith formation st marys bangor me
- implementing a catholic youth faith formation
- saint paul bangr me
- weekly evangelization