This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
YOUNG ADULT AND CAMPUS MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Young Adult Ministry, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Detroit (Detroit, MI)
Provide a Catholic Presence to University of Michigan-Dearborn and Henry Ford Community college campuses by assuring that an evangelizing catechesis, a solid formation and supportive spiritual outreach is provided to students, (both commuter and residential), faculty, staff and administration, while building strong relationships with local parishes so as to assist young adults in their transition from campus to parish.
1. Provides a reliable contact for students and young adults living in the region by being available at the Gabriel Richard Center and to the surrounding parishes.
2. Identifies, invites, trains, and supports students and young adults to be leaders within the community, forming small groups when necessary.
3. Provides opportunities that promote faith formation, especially in regards to the teachings of the Catholic Church as reflected on by the Second Vatican Council, the pontificates of John Paul II and Benedict XVI, and the USCCB.
4. Supports and upholds the mission and work of the Archdiocese of Detroit in collaboration with other areas within the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis to develop and implement programs for young adult evangelization within the region.
5. Assists young adult leaders in planning and implementing weekly programs, retreats, days of reflection, and other faith/spiritual formation programs for young adults for the purpose of developing self-run young adult groups as provided by the USCCB document Sons and Daughters of the Light and other relative Church documents.
6. Works in collaboration with the staff and students at the Newman Center at Wayne State University to provide programming in catechesis, spirituality, liturgical formation, service, and evangelization to the young adult peer group
7. Collaborates with parish youth/young adult ministers and college campus ministers within vicariate region to form a core minister team to assist young people in their journey from parish (youth ministry) to campus (campus ministry) back to parish (young adult ministry).
8. Assists young adult leaders to plan and implement service outreach opportunities in the vicariate regions, insuring faith reflection as an integral component of outreach and service.
9. Works with area young adult groups to coordinate vicariate and regional events that promote catechesis and evangelization.
10. Develops collaborative relationship with vicariate planning councils within assigned region so as to be involved and an integral component of Vicariate Pastoral Planning.
11. Conducts worships services and provides for sacramental ministry as appropriate.
12. Ability to monitor and work with social networking sites, or the willingness to learn
13. Performs other related duties as assigned. (395)
Incoming search terms:
- Archdiocese of Detroit
- archdiocese of detroit young adult groups
- detroit archdiocese young adults
- detroit outreach church
- Young Adult Ministry Catholic
- young adult youth ministry