There is a part of each of us that questions ourselves. That part of us questions whether we are worthy of love, especially the kind of love that is unconditional. A love without strings. A love that never ends.
It asks, “how could we be worthy of such a love?”
- It isn’t because of what we do. We couldn’t ever earn such a love. It isn’t something we purchase with our deeds.
- It isn’t because of knowing the right things. We can’t know enough truth to earn such a love.
- It isn’t because we are “good people”. That isn’t enough.
Rather – it is because we are. We exist. We have a purpose.
God loves you, not because of what you do, what you know, how you act. He loves you before these things are manifes and never because of them. He loves you. For you. He loves you right where you are and there is NOTHING that could make His love for you stop or lessen.
God loves you so much He would die for you – and He did.
God loves you so much He built a purpose into your being:
- To be with God forever is your purpose.
- To be the best you that you can be is your purpose.
- To love Him back is your purpose.
This kind of love is doubted because of our human failures in loving one another. When we don’t experience a selfless, unending, and unconditional love from other people, we may not ever know what it is like to be loved and may close ourselves off from God’s love.
This is why the video below breaks my heart – because there is so much raw truth in it. Too many don’t know what love is.
It is one of the most powerful videos I have ever seen on the internet.
We have to live love by loving those around us in order for them to be open to their purpose of living in God’s love…