This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
WOMEN’S CENTER MANAGER
Social Work, FT Employee
Eugene Mission (Eugene, OR)
Women’s Center Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Spiritual and administrative leader for the Eugene Mission Women’s Center. Supervise and assign tasks to approximately 8 staff members ensuring the proper performance of all duties at the Center. Responsible for showing God’s love and caring for approximately 60-70 homeless guests (women ages 18 and holder). Reports to the Executive Director.
• Oversee all activities, programs (food, clothing, shelter, gospel, restoration), daily operations and staffing at the Women’s Center. This includes reporting tools like daily logs, bed registrations, etc. This includes supervision of guests during meals in the main dining complex.
• Manage all building maintenance, safety, transportation and laundering operations coordinating closely with the Complex manager. Assist in the development of and manage the Women’s Center budget and all purchases through the Sr. Director of Operations.
• Develop (with the Executive Director and Sr. Director of Operations) policies, program goals and objectives and examine outcomes to make adjustments as needed.
• Develop and manage staffing and volunteer schedules to ensure proper coverage.
• Hire, train and supervise the staff to carry out the mission of the ministry with God at the center.
• Serve with the Volunteer Coordinator to collaborate with local churches and Christian groups to provide stewardship and partnership opportunities in the Women’s Center.
• Assist in a close leadership role with the Women’s Social Services manager to collaborate with various outside agencies to optimize the case management and community services available to the guests.
• Serve with Life Change Coordinator in ministering to “Life Change” member participants.
• Lead in providing crisis management of guests; giving direction to staff in handling difficult situations.
• Lead and schedule “staff reviews” to determine next steps for those prior guests who were disallowed and who seek reentry.
• Implement and encourage innovative discipleship and recovery programs like Genesis and Celebrate Recovery for the Women’s Center guests who wish to get well. Personally counsel, pray and provide case management for some guests.
• Work within the community to optimize the image of the Mission as a Christ-centered Wellness Shelter with occasional speaking engagements.
• Oversee coordination of nightly chapel services with the various churches that take one night a month ensuring the proper coverage and that the chapel is outfitted with the proper tools (bibles, hymnals, worship/video set up).
• Lead bible studies, devotions, and provide spiritual leadership as determined appropriate for the guests and staff.
• Mature believer in Jesus Christ
• Strong leadership and management skills and experience
• College degree preferred
• Knowledge and experience dealing with the challenges of addiction, recovery, poverty, mental illness
• Independent worker who is also a team player
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Computer literate with experience in MS Office, especially Word and Excel and Outlook
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
• Ability to get along well with and have compassion for a diverse group of people
• Ability to think through complex problems and arrive at solutions
• Demonstrate humility, honesty, integrity
• Physical requirements: sit at desk for long hours, ability to lift up to 30 lbs on occasion
Monday – Friday – Currently 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
On-call by phone to Women’s Center Staff
On-call weekend duty approximately once every 6 weeks.
COMPENSATION: Annual salary range $34,000 – $40,000; Mission paid employee-only medical, dental and life insurance; 12 days paid vacation and paid holidays. (114)
Incoming search terms:
- eugene mission womens center
- eugene mission
- eugene mission womens center