This is a syndicated post from Aggie Catholics. [Read the original article...]
Q – Can you tell me what the Bible/Church says heaven looks like and what one should expect to see when they get there?
- No suffering, hunger or death in heaven – Rev 21:4, 7:16, Luke 20:36
- No darkness or night in heaven – Rev 21:25
- We will be “at rest” in heaven – 2 Thes 1:7
- We will eternally glorify God in heaven – Rev 4:11
- Only the just enter into heaven – Too many to list all…a few – Rev 21:8, Eph 5:5, Mtt 3:12, 2 Cor 12:2-4
- We are made for heaven and our hearts will never be fully satisfied in this current life.
Some false understandings:
- We won’t know everything in heaven. We are still finite and while God will infuse knowledge of him into our intellects in heaven, our ability will never be infinite – thus we will never fully understand God – even in heaven.
- We will not all experience heaven the same way. We are unique and our uniqueness is brought to fulfillment in heaven, not taken away. But, we will all get what we need in heaven – divine everlasting love.
- We will still be “free” in heaven. In fact, more free than ever. True freedom is not the ability to choose anything we desire. True freedom is choosing what we ought to choose. Thus, every desire we ever wanted to choose will find ultimate fulfillment in heaven and thus we become truly free – never losing our free will.
“How great will your glory and happiness be, to be allowed to see God, to be honored with sharing the joy of salvation and eternal light with Christ your Lord and God, . . . to delight in the joy of immortality in the Kingdom of heaven with the righteous and God’s friends.” – CCC, 1028
Also, Peter Kreeft has a nice book entitled “Every Thing You Ever Wanted To Know About Heaven: But Never Dreamed of Asking!“.
Incoming search terms:
- how does heaven look like
- what does heve look like
- what heaven looks like
- catholic response to there is a heaven
- What Does God Look Like
- what does god look like?
- what does it look like in heaven
- What Does The Bible Say Heaven Looks Like
- what does the catgolic catechism say about heaven