This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
WEEKEND RESIDENT MANAGER-CHRIST HOUSE
Other, PT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Alexandria, VA)
Catholic Charities – Christ House is a men’s transitional facility offering single men temporary housing in a clean, safe, and structured environment. Aligned with Catholic Social Teaching, Christ House provides Residents dynamic programming and services aimed at assisting Residents transform their lives to become self-sustaining, contributing members of society.
Catholic Chariites is in need of a Weekend Resident Manager – 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Saturday and Sunday. This is a weekend, part-time position.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Resident Manager works as part of a team and independently to provide Christ House Residents a safe, clean, and structured transitional living environment. The Resident Manager provides shelter coverage, crisis intervention, and oversight of daily shelter operations. The position is part-time, requires on-call availability, and is considered “essential” personnel in times of hardship, such as extreme weather conditions and/or other emergencies.
Direct Client Services
- Manage facility and ensure the safety of all occupants per agency protocols and procedures
- Manage, distribute, and annotate Resident prescriptions and medications in the Medicine Distribution Log according to agency policy
- Assign and ensure completion of daily chores with Residents
- Annotate all notable Resident interactions with staff, volunteers, and/or other clients
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with program residents
• As Needed
- Reinforce community living guidelines with residents.
- Distribute personal care items to clients per protocol
- Provide crisis intervention, safety planning, and resource information to Residents, Evening Meal Guests,
Volunteers and the public
- Perform program departure procedures with Residents
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/G.E.D. Some college coursework preferred
2-3 years of work experience preferred
Experience working with the homeless population a plus
Proven ability to communicate effectively
Punctuality and dependability required
Ability to remain calm during emergencies
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected]
No phone calls please. (60)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic charities of alexandria va