This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
WEB DEVELOPER (TELECOMMUTE POTENTIAL)
Internet/Social Media, FT Employee
Flocknote (The Woodlands, TX)
We are currently looking for somebody to fill a crucial Web Developer position here at Flocknote. It’s one of the most important roles in our company and will help shape the path forward for Flocknote.
The position will include wearing lots of technical hats, a flexible schedule, rewarding work and the opportunity to contribute to and own a lot of the process. You will be heavily relied upon as a key member of our small and growing team.
This job is ideal for somebody who likes a challenge, loves the Church and is excited about an opportunity to join a small start-up company where they can work hard, have fun, learn a lot and create bigger opportunities for themselves as they help to grow the company.
If that sounds like you, please read on!
We are looking for somebody who knows PHP really well and has a general knowledge of LAMP-stack architecture and maintenance.
- In charge of the technical aspects of the Flocknote service.
- Maintaining health, uptime and performance of all Flocknote servers.
- Developing new features.
- Improving function and efficiency of the service.
- Helping to design and improve the user interface.
- Integration with multiple 3rd party services, including billing, credit card processing, short (and long) code text messaging, phone calling, Amazon SES, Amazon S3, Facebook, Twitter and others.
- Ensuring responsive and cross-browser compatible design as well as cross-client email design.
- Managing and further developing the Flocknote API.
- Developing (or at least managing development of) iPhone and Android apps for the service.
- Staying educated about competitors and latest technologies that affect our service.
- Being a contributing member of the team and helping to determine future developments, new features and the overall direction of the service.
- 3+ years experience with PHP framework based development.
- Experience writing object-oriented code (OOP) in PHP
- 3+ years experience with semantic web design, using CSS3, jQuery, and HTML5 (and their predecessors).
- Experience maintaining Linux VPS servers running Apache, PHP, and MySQL.
- Strong knowledge of security best practices, especially as it relates to websites, including understanding of CSRF, XSS, password encryption, SQL injection, etc.
- Deep knowledge of responsive and cross-browser design that works across most devices and browsers, including Internet Explorer 8+, FireFox 3.6+, Chrome, Safari, Mobile Safari, Android Browser, and Windows Phone’s browser.
- Ability to learn new technologies and stay abreast of web development best practices.
- Excellent phone and email etiquette with very effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, is highly organized, able to multitask and can work independently in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- A self-starter and a go-getter.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible, honest, professional, easy to get along with and enthusiastic.
- Experience using drush and shell scripts in tandem with cron to ensure periodic and scheduled tasks execute regularly and efficiently.
- 1+ years experience developing simple iPhone and/or Android applications, using Objective-C and Java, respectively.
- Comfortable with Drupal website development and theming.
- Ability to explain and share about technical developments on Flocknote, on both the Flocknote Development List and the /development page.
- Ability to debug performance issues using XHProf, viewing log files, and using MySQL’s EXPLAIN queries.
- Understands differences in html layout and compatibility issues for various email clients.
This is a full time position with salary. Telecommuting may be an option depending on the candidate. Openness to future relocation to The Woodlands, TX (near Houston) – one of the top places to live in the country – is a plus. We need to fill this position very soon.
Please submit your resume and anything else relevant to [email protected]
IN ADDITION, please provide answers to the following:
1. Very briefly tell us about you. (Not your skill set, but what makes you tick.)
2. What is your favorite junk food and why?
3. Please describe the nerdiest thing you’ve ever done. (351)