WEB DESIGNER AND POTENTIAL BUSINESS PARTNER
Graphic Design, FT Contract
Devout Design (Portland, OR)
Devout Design is a web/app design and development company that builds custom web and mobile apps for Catholic organizations. Church websites are the bread and butter but the plan is to offer a full suite of SAAS applications, a few of which are currently in development.
Right now, it’s a one-person company that I run on the side, and that I’m growing into a full time gig. By day, I work for another company as a senior software engineer building web and mobile apps. Personally, I have some design experience (I studied graphic design in college), but my strengths are in software development.
I’m reaching the limit of my design skills (and time) and all the church websites that I’m designing are starting to look the same. I need a skilled designer with a fresh perspective. Ideally, I’d like to find someone to be my business partner. We’ll work together on a few projects to see if it would be a good fit. However, my immediate need is for some extra help on a larger project that I’m working on right now. Currently, I’m working on 2 websites and a web application with a budget to support adding a designer.
I think you might be a good fit if you have the following traits:
* You have a few years of professional experience and some examples in a portfolio.
* You’re a freelancer or have some time on the side to commit to a few projects.
* You have website design experience.
* You have some experience designing websites for non-profit organizations (or at least a vision for how they should be designed).
* You have experience designing UIs for web/mobile apps.
Nice to have:
* Experience with HTML/CSS is not necessary, but it’s a plus since it would be less work for me. SASS and HAML experience would be even better.
* Located in Portland would be nice, but this is a remote position, so it’s perfectly acceptable to live somewhere else
To apply, send an email to [email protected] (0)
Incoming search terms:
- web design