This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS FOREMAN
Other, PT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Manassas, VA)
This position is a 30/hr week position with benefits.
Position Description: Primary responsibilities are:
• Oversee the receiving, storing, packing and distribution of food.
• Ensure that food handling health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the warehouse building and its stock.
• Serve as the key agency focal point for regional food distribution network.
• Supervise and train warehouse volunteers and staff on food warehouse operations and best practices.
• Interact with vendors, food donors, volunteers, parishes and community organizations.
• Maintain stock control and management, including rotation.
• Practice site risk management, troubleshooting and resolving safety, service and other operational problems in collaboration with CCDA administration.
• Oversee the maintenance and operation of machinery and equipment.
• Maintain the physical condition of the warehouse by organizing cleanings, planning physical layouts of stock, and arranging for any needed repairs
• Focus on innovative and creative ways to achieve desired results in the areas of productivity, service, cost effectiveness and growth.
• Responsible to maintain warehouse in full compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local agency regulatory safety, and health requirements.
• Serve as primary driver for the 16 foot refrigerated truck.
• Travel throughout the Arlington Diocese of Virginia, consisting of 21 counties and 7 independent cities. Flexible schedule with some evening and/or weekend hours are required as needed.
• Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching and treat all employees and volunteers with dignity and respect.
• Knowledge of food safety management and inventory control.
• Organization/time management/planning skills to include effective multi-tasking.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences; strong reasoning, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Ability to consider alternative courses of action and select the best one; tackle problems or issues directly and make decisions in a timely manner; exercise sound business judgment.
• Ability to lift up to 40-60 pounds.
• Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license.
• Complete food safety/sanitation training within 120 days.
• Ability to satisfy OSHA requirements in correctly and safely operating a forklift.
• Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates degree with equivalent work experience.
• Must have 3+ years of supervisory experience. Working with volunteers is a plus.
• Training experience is required.
• Preferred candidate will have supervised or directed warehousing functions for a grocer or food service distributor.
• Key experience in the following categories is an asset: customer service leadership, foodservice or route sales operations, performance management, training and development of front line personnel.
• Labor experience including loading and unloading trucks, securing loads, and lifting heavy items.
• Experience driving a 16′ or larger truck is required.
• Experience operating a forklift is a plus.
Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] EOE. No phone calls please. (186)