Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Manassas, VA)
This is a part-time position of 20 hours/wk.
Position Description: Primary responsibilities are:
• Improve Catholic Charities program services by leveraging the skills of volunteers and enhancing volunteer experiences.
• Form collaborative relationships with parishes, schools, civic groups and other faith-based organization to promote volunteerism for the St. Lucy Project.
• Supervise volunteers and coordinate training and best practices with the Warehouse Operations Foreman.
• Participate in the Performance Quality Improvement meetings for volunteer file review.
• Plan volunteer recruitment activities and coordinate with the Warehouse Operations Foreman.
• Interview potential volunteers, process paperwork and maintain volunteer files in the agency-wide volunteer software system.
• Provide quarterly performance review for all long-term volunteers.
• Conduct annual volunteer recognition event.
• Provide achievement certificates based on years of service.
• Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching.
• Reports to the Program Director of Emergency Assistance.
• Assist with other activities in the food warehouse as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree
• Experience in working with Catholic priests, parish ministries and organizations is a plus.
• Experience working with adults and school age children is required.
• Volunteer recruitment, training and management is required.
• Social services experience with underserved populations is a plus.
• Knowledge and/or experience of food distribution is a plus.
• Knowledge and/or experience in food pantry operations is desirable.
• Ability to establish excellent relationships, building confidence with the Catholic Charities organization, priests and parishes translating into increased support and utilization.
• Strong listening skills and proven ability to respectfully work with community members.
• Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Ability to present a positive professional image at all times with all people.
• Ability to work in a team setting and also to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Strong planning and prioritization skills and ability to work strategically.
• Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software applications.
• Must have valid Virginia driver’s license.
• Complete food safety/sanitation training within 120 days.
• The employee is required to lift up to 40 pounds using such items as hand trucks, dollies or carts.
• Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to use a computer keyboard and handle bags of food; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Required to stoop, kneel or crouch and climb a ladder.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected] No phone calls, please. EOE. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- diocese of arlington st lucy project map
- st lucy project and manassas va
- St Lucy Project catholic charitiesvirginia
- st lucy project manassas va
- St Lucy\s project Manassas