This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
VICE PRESIDENT OF ADVANCEMENT
Fundraising, FT Employee
Heroic Media (Austin or Dallas, TX)
Extraordinary opportunity to connect your leadership skills with efforts that save lives Take charge as our Vice President of Advancement!
Heroic Media is an international faith-based non-profit that utilizes media to connect women with hopeful alternatives to abortion and build a culture of Life. As we celebrate our 10 year anniversary this year, we are excited to see how strategic initiatives continue to expand across the nation and Latin America through faithful donors and partners who have caught the vision and made it possible.
Our guiding values: Place God first in all we do. Be a blessing to other people. Trust God to meet our needs. Strive for Excellence.
Statement of Purpose:
We seek a visionary leader to guide efforts in developing, implementing and supervising a variety of programs designed to create and/or enhance favorable and responsive attitudes which will strengthen support and maximize the giving to Heroic Media from each of its potential publics.
Reporting directly to the President, the professional we will select will lead a team comprised of the Director of Advancement and such employees as may be assigned on a shared, temporary or permanent basis and be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing and implementing resource development activities
- Recommending objectives for all phases of the development programs.
- Analyzing the results of the resource development activities.
- Serving as a consultant to the President on matters of public attitudes, techniques, and trends in philanthropy; and activities of other organizations in similar or related fields which may have a
bearing on future programs of Heroic Media.
- Personally soliciting major gifts as required.
- Preparing written proposals to individuals, corporations and foundations, as required.
- Managing publication programs as pertains to advancement and corporate publications including the Heroic Media Annual Report.
- Managing public relations functions for Heroic Media including special events.
- Providing staff support to Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors as requested.
- Preparing Advancement Office budget on an annual basis.
- Coordinating efforts to address unmet community needs.
- Creating and publishing such printed material and graphic presentations as may be required to inform and obtain volunteer service and financial support for the organization.
- Making public appearances and presentations before groups and organizations seeking information concerning the corporation.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the President.
We need a collaborative team-builder who will genuinely respect diverse points-of-view and strive for an environment in which inclusiveness drives productivity and results. Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree with a successful background in fundraising, grant-writing and sponsorship development
- 3-5 years of increasingly responsible management experience in the not-for-profit sector that includes strategy development, creative problem solving, strong analytical skills with the ability to assess current operational effectiveness and needs.
- Engaging verbal/written communication skills and ability to comfortably interact with people from
all kinds of backgrounds
- Powerful professional network with ability to establish/nurture connections with influencers representing diverse backgrounds, professions and philanthropic interests
- Proven ability to coach and motivate team members to reach new levels of accomplishment and professional fulfillment
- Availability for some travel, domestic
Along with competitive base salary and company assisted health benefits, there is potential for performance-based rewards.Committed to a work/life balance, Heroic Media also provides generous paid time off including your birthday. For strictly confidential consideration, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] (80)
Incoming search terms:
- work environment at heroic media