Vatican City, Feb 28, 2013 / 05:05 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Vatican’s post office is issuing a special cancelation stamp to mark the end of Pope Benedict XVI’s papacy.
A Feb. 28 communiqué from the post office reproduces the special postmark, which shows Pope Benedict in the foreground with his arms raised in a greeting.
In the background is the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica and along the bottom in Latin are the words: “Pope Benedict XVI Renounces the Petrine Ministry. Vatican Post, 28.2.2013.”
Anyone who wants to have the postmark on their mail must send it by April 3, 2013.
The cancelation stamp is paid for by the person who sends the post card, letter or package.
Incoming search terms:
- vatican post office
- vatican post office stamps
- vatican stamps
- stamps from the papal post office
- special vatican stamp
- vatican pope stamp
- pope benedict special vatican stamp
- Vatican Post Office - stamp for Popes resignation image
- pope benedict mail stamps 2013
- vatican post office website