UNIVERSITY MINISTER, COORDINATOR OF SOCIAL JUSTICE EDUCATION
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Lewis University (Romeoville, IL)
Reporting to the Assistant Director of University Ministry, the Coordinator of Social Justice Education encourages an examination of social justice issues from a Catholic and Christian perspective. The Coordinator currently organizes the Catalyst Social Justice Retreat and coordinates a chapter of Catholic Relief Services. The Coordinator will develop Social Justice Pilgrimages to locations of significance to the movement for social justice.
• Sees him/herself as a minister one who accompanies people on their faith journey, who provokes and challenges people to live good lives, who comforts and counsels those in need, and who calls people together in the spirit of association.
• Incorporates student leaders into programs.
• Participates in, at least, yearly professional development (books, conferences, classes) and formation experiences (retreats, days of reflection).
• Models respectful, collaborative and active support of the University’s Mission and of Catholic and Lasallian higher education through dedicated job performance and exemplary service to the University’s many constituencies.
• Be an effective, contributing member of a ministry team that develops a complex ministry program in service to undergraduates, graduates, faculty, and staff.
• Responsible to model the University Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University’s Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education
• Coordinate a chapter of Catholic Relief Services or other organizations that promote social justice.
• Present short workshops on Catholic social teaching.
• Organize the Catalyst Social Justice Team & Retreat.
• Develop Pilgrimages to locations of significance to the movement for social justice. These pilgrimages would be held during University breaks. (Fall, Spring, May)
• Writes a two year, five year, and ten year Social Justice Education plan that includes descriptions of experiences, costs, and staffing needs.
• Lead a faith sharing group.
• Serve as a resource concerning Catholic Social Teaching (Catholic Discussion Group, Center for Ministry and Spirituality, etc.)
• Participate in weekly staff meetings, VIP and Open House Days, provide guidance in pastoral conversations with students and staff, and provide a pastoral presence in residence halls and common areas.
• Serve on Ministry and other University committees or task forces as assigned.
• Serve on a Diocesan Committee related to Social Justice Peace Day or Committee for Social Concern
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrate the ability to lead prayer and reflection sessions on issues of justice. Must have knowledge of Catholic social teaching and of organizations working for social justice. Have the ability to organize students in their desire to respond to social justice concerns. Must have the ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team. Must demonstrate outstanding communication skills (oral and written). Bachelor’s degree (required) or Master’s degree (highly preferred) related to pastoral ministry (theology, pastoral studies, religious education, divinity).
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree (theology, pastoral studies, religious education, divinity) highly preferred. Grant writing experience desirable.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MAY APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jobs.lewisu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51942
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic relief services lewis university video
- minstry of higher eduction afghanistan