This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
UNIVERSAL PRE-KINDERGARTEN DIRECTOR
Other, PT Employee
NYC Catholic Organization (New York, NY)
The Candidate will be:
• A visible, accessible, approachable person who possesses and demonstrates strong “people skills” with all stakeholders and who is willing to listen, and then, make decisions with the best interest of universal pre-kindergarten students in mind, and who will then communicate these decisions to all constituents in a clear and timely manner.
• A dedicated, warm, and caring leader who respects the values and traditions of a Catholic school and helps to inspire students, teachers, and parents.
• A highly-skilled, two-way communicator who can lead successful student recruitment efforts and ensure adequate funding for the sustainability of the UPK program.
Universal Pre-Kindergarten Directors will be responsible for:
• Maintaining the school/academy budget, this includes, but is not limited to: rent, electric, telephone, salaries, instructional materials, instructional field trips, instructional consultants, snacks, advertising, office and janitorial supplies.
• Submitting attendance sheets and ensuring that all paperwork is accurate and up to date.
• Ensuring there is adequate classroom equipment, furniture and instructional materials.
• Keeping abreast of new UPK initiatives put forth by the NYCDOE.
• Maintaining consistent contact with NYCDOE Educational Coach and Instructional Analyst.
• Hiring and supervising of classroom staff.
• Participating in leadership and educational professional development opportunities provided by the NYCDOE.
• Encouraging UPK Teachers to participate in professional development opportunities.
• Creating opportunities for family involvement.
• Ensuring nutritious snacks are consistently available.
• Planning educational field trips throughout school year. (125)
Incoming search terms:
- Nyc UPK Program