This is a syndicated post from The Curt Jester. [Read the original article...]
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
- 18 October 2013 – Speech – To Members of the International Commission on English in the Liturgy (ICEL) on the occasion of its 50th Anniversary
Daily Homilies (fervorinos)
- 14 October 2013 – Pope warns of perfect piety that neglects the poor
- 15 October 2013 – Beware of idolatry and hypocrisy
- 17 October 2013 – Prayer keeps us from losing faith
- 18 October 2013 – Remember the elderly priests and sisters in nursing homes, true shrines of holiness
- “Dear young people, do not be afraid of making decisive choices in life. Have faith; the Lord will not abandon you!” @pontifex, 14 October 2013
- “Our prayer cannot be reduced to an hour on Sundays. It is important to have a daily relationship with the Lord.” @pontifex, 17 October 2013
- “We cannot give up in the face of evil. God is Love and he has defeated evil through Christ’s death and resurrection.” @pontifex, 18 October 2013
- “To follow Jesus means putting him first, and stripping ourselves of all the things that oppress our hearts.” @pontifex, 19 October 2013
Note: Due to problems with using copyrighted material from the Vatican the eBook version of The Weekly Francis has been suspended. For users of the previous ebook volume I have some suggestions for alternatives on how to best read these documents especially on mobile platforms.