This is a syndicated post from The Curt Jester. [Read the original article...]
This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 7 August to 25 August 2013.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
- 11 August 2013
- 15 August 2013 – Angelus on the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Castel Gandolfo
- 18 August 2013
- 7 August 2013 – To the faithful of Buenos Aires for the Feast of St Cajetan (San Cayetano) in Argentina.html
- 8 August 2013 – For the prevention and countering of money laundering, the financing of terrorism and the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction
- “We cannot be Christians part-time. If Christ is at the center of our lives, he is present in all that we do.” @pontifex, 19 August 2013
- “An excellent program for our lives: the Beatitudes and Matthew Chapter 25.” @pontifex, 21 August 2013
- “Lord, teach us to step outside ourselves. Teach us to go out into the streets and manifest your love.” @pontifex, 23 August 2013
- “Don’t be afraid to ask God for forgiveness. He never tires of forgiving us. God is pure mercy.” @pontifex, 25 August 2013
- 9 August 2013 – Message of Pope Francis, signed by Card. Tarcisio Bertone, Secretary of State, to the Knights of Columbus on the occasion of the Knights´ 131st Supreme Convention
Note: Due to problems with using copyrighted material from the Vatican the eBook version of The Weekly Francis has been suspended. For users of the previous ebook volume I have some suggestions for alternatives on how to best read these documents especially on mobile platforms.