This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASST.
Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
St. Denis Parish (Westwood, MA)
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Pastor. This person is discreet in his/her actions and completely confidential in all settings and dealings. This is a part-time, temporary assignment, approximately thirty hours per week.
• Provides reception services for the parish office, greeting visitors and recording clear and accurate messages.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the Pastor.
• Handles routine questions about policies and refers to the Pastor as required.
• Preparation, transmittal, distribution, and recording of Parish payroll.
• Reconciliation of bank statements, bill pay, invoice filing, scheduling money counters, and facilitating operation.
• Preparation and transmission of Parish Bulletin to Liturgical Publications, Inc. (LPi) or other provider as specified by the Pastor.
• Books anniversary masses, places them in the book, and reserves dates as approved by the Pastor.
• Coordinates and schedules volunteers as directed by the Pastor.
• Screens, sorts, and distributes mail and other related materials. Prepares regular and bulk mailing as required.
• Maintains an up to date, orderly, and efficient filing system. Stores permanent records in a safe place as required.
• Maintains records for the parish office. (e.g., recording of marriages, baptisms, funerals, new parishioners’ registrations, and financial contributions for offertory/annual collection).
• Works in collaboration with the Pastor to create an up-to-date census of the parishioners and tracks the basic information via Servant Keeper or other computer program as specified by the Pastor, maintaining an up-to-date parish list on Servant Keeper as well.
• Generates letters to the parishioners regarding donations as needed to meet IRS law.
• Maintains records of all volunteers with their proper paperwork for each year.
• Keeps volunteer list up to date and ensures all are CORI’d and have a signed Ministerial Code of Conduct annually and submits to RCAB as required.
• Monitors and orders office supplies, keeping to budget.
• Maintains a neat and efficient office.
• Contacts vendors, etc. (e.g., florists, greenhouse, outside maintenance personnel.)
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college preferred.
• 3-5 years in a general office setting with administrative experience, experience in a parish is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks, and working knowledge of computer hardware required.
• Knowledge of Publisher required, with proficiency preferred.
• Knowledge of web-based payroll systems required, or a willingness to learn. Experience with IOI preferred.
• Must be well organized, able to multitask, and effectively work in a changing environment.
• Demonstrated experience handling confidential, sensitive, timely, and critical matters using good judgment, tact, respect, and discretion required.
• Must be willing to support the mission and vision of the Catholic Church and conform to all RCAB policies.
• Must have a strong service orientation.
• Must have a high level of proficiency communicating effectively verbally, through email, and telephone.
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] (79)
Incoming search terms:
- jobs at saint denis church in westwood