This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Technology, FT Employee
Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
The Office of Information Services is seeking a full-time Technology Trainer to design and execute the Information Technology training program for approximately 400 staff members of the Central Administrative Office, Arlington Catholic Herald and Catholic Charities. The training program includes multiple training methodologies for instruction in desktop office products, business software solutions, and specialized solutions for small user groups.
• Design technology training program for CDA, and the entities it supports, based on applications and technologies being used in the environment.
• Develop course curriculum for Microsoft Office Suite, specialized commercial off the shelf (COTS) applications and other technologies (e.g. Adobe Creative Suites, Online meeting application, electronic document management and OCR technologies).
• Develop course curriculum, user documentation, instructor materials, and student materials for organizational business systems. These include, but are not limited to, Dial, Great Plains, and iMIS.
• Deliver training in classroom, online, and one-on-one formats. Modify curriculum to maximize the training effectiveness for each methodology.
• Design and administer curriculum for Brown Bag Lunch training sessions for Administrative personnel. Deliver training sessions or coordinate presentation content with an SME.
• Design and administer curriculum for Quick Bytes training sessions for Supervisors and Directors. Deliver training sessions or coordinate presentation content with an SME.
• Maintain database of trainees and training program information.
• Organize, coordinate and develop discussion content for user groups for:
o Adobe Creative Suite
• Draft and publish Technology Bits newsletter. Solicit topics from Information Technology staff and end user community.
• Serve as primary presenter for twice-monthly Office of Information Technology portion of new hire orientation as part of Human Resources new employee orientation program.
• Maintain Office of Information Technology webpage on the intranet.
• Identify, document, and recommend the need for new end user business processes discovered during training sessions.
• Assist in testing new/upgraded application compatibility.
• Provide input for annual training budget and procure training equipment, reference materials and specialized training contractors.
What We Require:
• Demonstrated ability as effective oral and written communicator.
• Understanding of the dioceses business, core values, and goals.
• Great interpersonal skills in dealing with a diverse population.
• Ability to document business processes and utilize information to develop customized training curriculum and course materials.
• High customer service orientation.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated multi-tasking capability and proven success in fast paced environment.
• Strong organizational and detail orientation skills with ability to multi-task.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years training/teaching experience, including the development of course curriculum and materials.
• Training experience with a relational database management system.
• Information Technology experience preferred.
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: ATTN: Technology Trainer [email protected] Applications will be accepted through July 12th. No phone calls please. (355)
Incoming search terms:
- Arlington Reads
- Information technology course
- Technology Bits arlington catholic
- Technology Training