This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION SPECIALIST
Technology, FT Employee
Cardinal O’Hara High School (Springfield, PA)
Cardinal O’Hara High School
Position Description: Technology Integration Specialist
Basic function and scope of the position:
The Technology Integration Specialist works with teachers on individual technology needs and instructional use, both within the classroom and in support of administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist teachers with instructional technologies within the classroom and labs.
• Monitor and coordinate all activities in the computer and audiovisual labs.
• Provide a variety of staff development opportunities to meet building goals and provide for teacher collaboration.
• Coach and model with classroom teachers to help teachers understand and implement best practice in regards to technology integration.
• Serve as a member of the Technology Committee and assist in the development and implementation of Building Technology and Staff Development Plans.
• Train staff in the care, educational use, and operation of instructional technology.
• Keep current in educational technology and instructional trends and promote and model the use of innovations and new materials.
• Conduct continuous evaluation of materials and equipment to ensure purchases reflect changing instructional needs.
• Aides in the design, ordering, planning, installation and setup of audio-visual equipment.
• Provides technical assistance to building staff in person, via online helpdesk, telephone, and email.
• Performs other such duties as related to the position and directed by the Director of Technology, Assistant Principal for Academics and Principal.
• Master’s degree in educational/instructional technology; or bachelor’s degree with teaching certification and significant experience in school-wide technology integration.
• Knowledge and skills in the application of audio-visual materials and technologies in an educational setting.
• Previous troubleshooting experience and knowledge of audio/video instructional technology such as televisions, document cameras, projection equipment, sound systems, cameras and other peripheral devices preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all students, staff, and members of the community.
• Ability to train staff on how to effectively use instructional technologies including software and hardware.
• Knowledge of Apple and Windows computers and related equipment and operating systems with strong skills in the area of multimedia preferred.
• Organizational skills in scheduling and carrying out assignments, managing records, and managing documentation for audio visual equipment and materials.
Interested parties should send cover letter, resume, list of references and salary requirements, electronically, to Mr. Thomas S. Fertal, President, Cardinal O’Hara High School, at [email protected], by Wednesday, August 20th, 2014.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position. (153)