This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
TECHNICAL SUPPORT INTERN
Technology, PT Employee
Catholic Diocese of Arlington (Arlington, VA)
Full-time, paid ($12/per hour) summer Internship from May 19, 2015 – August 15, 2014
(May consider alternative time period)
The Catholic Diocese of Arlington, one of the fastest growing dioceses in the nation, is searching for a Technical Support Intern to assist the Information Technology Department in supporting the 400 users in the Central Administrative Office (CAO), the Arlington Catholic Herald (ACH), and the offices of Catholic Charities (CCDA).
The Technical Support Intern will assist with help desk responsibilities three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), and will spend two days a week assisting and shadowing various members of the IT staff to learn about their respective areas. During the shadowing opportunity, the intern will be exposed to 30 hours in each of the following program areas: technology training, business systems analysis, project management, system administration, database administration, SQL development and network administration.
• Provide technical support for end-user hardware and software;
• Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution;
• Install and update business applications for end-users;
• Image and deploy new user workstations using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012;
• Coordinate shared resource devices and conference room set-up;
• Conduct asset and software inventory for FY14 audit;
• Organize the disposition of decommissioned devices from FY14 endpoint lifecycle refresh project;
• Other duties assigned by the Assistant Director.
• Pursuing BS/BA in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Prefer sophomore or junior, but will consider other class levels
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
• Send cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript to [email protected] by May 5, 2014.
• Include in cover letter areas of interest or prior experience within Information Technology field. (142)