This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SUPERINTENDENT OF CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
Education: Middle/High School, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston (Houston, TX)
Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Superintendent of Catholic Schools
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, experienced leader to serve as Superintendent of Catholic Schools. The Superintendent provides educational leadership and upholds the Catholic identity of all archdiocesan, religious order, and associated private schools. The position requires someone who has proven experience building consensus, is an excellent written and oral communicator, and is a visionary leader and a strong, energetic advocate for the ministry of Catholic education. This position reports directly to the Moderator of the Curia, is an Archbishop’s Cabinet-level position, and directly supervises the staff of the Catholic Schools Office.
The ideal candidate will:
• be an active Roman Catholic, in full communion with the Catholic Church
• have expertise in instructional leadership, curriculum development, technology, instructional design
• be proficient in marketing, advancement, recruitment
• be an experienced fiscal manager
• be committed to upholding the Catholic identity of all archdiocesan, religious order, and associated private schools
• provide educational leadership and work closely with principals
• establish instructional guidelines and policies
• oversee accreditation and certification requirements
• ensure the ongoing implementation of the Safe Environment Policy in schools
• is the liaison between the Archdiocese and the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
• work with all members of the educational community to continue the implementation and updating of the Strategic Plan, Lumen Pro Via
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston serves the spiritual needs of its 1.2 million Catholics with worship in over fourteen languages in 146 parishes. It is the home of the largest private school system in the State of Texas. The system spans a growing family of 50 Elementary-Junior High Schools and 9 High Schools. Included among these inner city, Montessori, parochial, and private schools are some of the oldest Catholic schools in the state. These schools serve approximately 18,500 students and their families. The vibrant Archdiocesan school system is expanding with the opening of a new High School this year, and a new Elementary School in 2014.
The successful candidate will possess a Masters degree in Educational Administration, or an equivalent discipline, with a doctorate preferred. A minimum of five years experience as a Catholic School principal, plus three years experience at the Catholic Schools Office administration level, or equivalent executive office position is required. Fluency in English is required, and fluency in Spanish is desirable.
We offer a culturally diverse, respectful work environment, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants are asked to electronically submit a letter of introduction and a resume or curriculum vitae to our Search Partner, Gail Allen, from ACE Consulting, University of Notre Dame, at [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until March 23, 2014. (83)
Incoming search terms:
- archdioceses of Galveston houston
- catholic colleges in texas
- catholic schools houston texas
- houston tx catholic news
- Rankings Of Catholic High Schools In Houston TX