Other, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Detroit (Detroit, MI)
The Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Archdiocese of Detroit is the visionary leader of elementary and secondary schools in the Archdiocese. The Superintendent is responsible for implementing the strategic plan promulgated by the Archbishop to ensure Catholic identity, academic excellence, fiscal sustainability and school viability. The Superintendent works with principals to certify that the operation of all elementary and secondary schools is in accordance with Archdiocesan policies and procedures, Michigan Association of Non-Public Schools (MANS) regulations, and the Archbishop’s mission of Sharing Christ in and Through the Church. The superintendent manages the staff of the Office of Catholic Schools and reports to Bishop Arturo Cepeda, Director of the Department of Evangelization, Catechesis and Catholic Schools.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, however not limited to:
Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure a strong Catholic culture and identity in all Archdiocesan Catholic Schools by:
*Insuring that the Office of Catholic Schools provides guidance, support and resources to ensure that schools teach students to live the Gospel values, pursue academic achievement, learn teamwork, foster community and provide service to others.
* Insuring that the Office of Catholic Schools Develops and monitors a Christ-centered religion curriculum and the Catholic identity standards for evaluation and accreditation.
Insures that the staff of the Office of Catholic Schools develops and maintains policies and procedures to ensure academic excellence in all Archdiocesan Catholic Schools by:
* Providing direction and assistance to the principals in the administration of elementary and secondary schools.
* Ensuring opportunities for professional development, through the Office of Catholic Schools, are available to all principals of the Archdiocesan schools.
* Ensuring the schools’ curriculum is Christ centered, high quality standard based and integrates technology and the use of data to drive instruction.
* Maintaining and monitoring ongoing procedures for accreditation of Catholic elementary and secondary schools within the Archdiocese of Detroit.
* Supervising the implementation of school standardized testing programs, such as the IOWA and High School Placement test, and facilitating the interpretation and reporting of results.
* Guiding and supporting the development of innovative and experimental teaching programs in all schools.
* Coordinating resources for pastors, principals and parents in collaboration with the Regional Associate Superintendents, Office of Evangelization and Catechesis, Department of Finance and Administration, Department of Human Resources, Department of Parish Life, Office of Health, Athletics and Physical Safety and the Archdiocesan Legal Counsel.
* Monitoring and insuring the compliance of state and federal regulations on education in Archdiocesan Catholic Schools.
* Monitoring Federal Special Education guidelines for Catholic Education.
* Preparing and monitoring the budget for the Office of Catholic Schools.
* Overseeing the allocation of School Outreach funds.
* Overseeing the allocation of the Archdiocesan Tuition Assistance Program.
* Overseeing the McLaughlin Scholarship Fund and the Bretzloff Scholarship Fund.
* Overseeing Federal Funding – E-rate and Title Programs
* Working with the Department of Finance & Administration reviewing school budgets as good stewards working toward financial sustainability
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND SCHOOL VIABILITY
* Providing leadership to advance the Healthy School Criteria implementation plan and helping engage stakeholders around that plan.
* Compiling, assessing, evaluating, and making recommendations on statistical and key areas (Finance, Enrollment, Test Scores, Catholic culture initiatives, etc.) and providing trending data.
* Establishing clear communication practices, building trusting relationships with associate superintendents, office staff, department directors, faculty and staff of Sacred Heart Major Seminary, pastors, principals, parents, benefactors, business leaders, community members, etc.
* Establishing a norm for continuous improvement, evaluation and a commitment to high standards for quality across all areas of school administration, teachers and staff.
* Assisting with the development of new models for school governance emerging from the strategic plan in collaboration with the Catholic Schools Advisory Board.
* Supervising, evaluating, trusting and mentoring employees in Catholic Schools’ Office.
* Representing the Office of Catholic Schools:
**On various Archdiocesan Boards/Committees and Ad Hoc committees.
**With accrediting agencies, other school systems, institutions and agencies, community organizations and the general public as needed.
* Visiting Archdiocesan schools regularly.
* Must be a practicing Catholic with a strong commitment to the philosophy of Catholic Education.
* Must have a minimum of five years teaching experience, five years administration in Catholic schools, with a minimum of three years’ experience as a school principal or school president.
* Must hold an M.S. or M.A. in Educational Leadership
* Must hold or be eligible to obtain Catechetical Certification
* Must hold Michigan teaching certification or equivalent credential from another State.
* Must hold Michigan administrative certification or be eligible to obtain Michigan certification.
* Demonstrates strong organizational, interpersonal and managerial skills.
* Communicates effectively in both written and oral presentations.
* Works respectfully in a collegial and collaborative environment.
* Demonstrates competency in the effective/efficient use of technology; including Microsoft Office applications, Adobe, Edline and/or Power School, and social media.
* Keeps current on Catholic teaching, religious studies research and educational research.
* Practices and models life-long learning in pursuing opportunities for professional development and/or course work (0)
Incoming search terms:
- assistant superintendent catholic jobs in michigan
- how to report a catholic school in archdiocese of detroit
- ARCHDiocese of Detroit education Schools department
- ARCHDIOCESE OF DETROIT CURRICULUM
- detroit catholic school policies and procedures
- detroit catholic school superintendent
- detroit archdiocese superintendent
- Detroit Diocesan Education Office
- detroit archdiocese schools
- detroit diocese superintendent