This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SUMMER SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Internet/Social Media, PT Intern
Jerome Lejeune Foundation, USA (Philadelphia, PA)
Are you fascinated with the power and reach of social media? Are you looking to get highly valuable experience in the field? Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do you love to write, research, and add new content to websites? And do you have a compelling interest in science, genetics, or in particular, Down syndrome or intellectual disabilities?
The Jerome Lejeune Foundation, founded in Paris in 1994 with a US office in Philadelphia, is the world’s largest and oldest funder of research into Down syndrome. In 2 years we have built up a good following, but we need to kick our web presence and social media into the next level. We need you to help us transform how the world discovers and supports research, care, and advocacy for people with genetic intellectual disabilities.
The Jerome Lejeune Foundation has a warm, friendly, and small office in Philadelphia that interacts with leading scientists and advocates across the United States. As an intern you will get to work in close proximity with the president and his assistant on real projects-with national and global reach-helping grow and support fundraising efforts that fund the Foundation’s mission. This will include regular interaction with the social media team in the Paris headquarters as well as with members of the Lejeune Foundation board of directors in Washington, DC and New York.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
What You Will Learn:
• About the latest and greatest scientific and medical developments in research for those living with Down syndrome and other genetic intellectual disabilities.
• Reinforce your relationship-building skills as you help build our global online community by maintaining and strategically building Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms.
• Be a key player in a team to design a strategy to identify and convert social media contacts into donors.
• How to develop proposals to track social media analytics using HootSuite and other software, and report results and new ideas to support marketing efforts.
• Create compelling content related to the mission of the Jerome Lejeune Foundation.
• Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We Require:
• Background in Marketing, Communication, Nonprofit Management or other related discipline.
• Strong social communication skills.
• Some background or compelling interest in genetic intellectual disabilities or medical research.
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and Flexible.
• Familiarity with social networking sites.
• Interest in nonprofit management or community development.
• A willingness to uphold the medical and ethical principles of Dr. Jerome Lejeune, the Father of Modern Genetics.
You will be a valued member of our small but friendly team, and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals and interests. You will become extremely knowledgeable in online communication and understanding the right tactics to combine online marketing with overarching outreach goals in a professional setting. You will also learn how to work in a casual but professional environment and receive a glowing recommendation for a job well done.
The position begins July 1st and ends August 31st, 2014. You are expected to work at least 10 hours each week on- or off- site, depending on your local availability or accessibility to the Philadelphia area.
We can offer a stipend of up to $12/hour depending on experience.
Learn more about the Jerome Lejeune Foundation:
• Facebook @Lejeune.Foundation
To learn more about Dr. Jerome Lejeune, visit www.FriendsofLejeune.org. (165)