This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Fundraising, FT Employee
FOCUS (Golden, CO)
The Stewardship Specialist in the Service Operations Department’s primary responsibility lies in the designing, implementing, and coordination of an organization-wide comprehensive stewardship plan.
• Management of all written correspondence in the donor acknowledgement process
• Manage the creative content of all special letters, paper receipts, online receipts, quarterly thank you letters, prayer requests, postcards, reminders, friends of FOCUS letters, pledges, end of year letters
• Work with development on benefactor reporting
• Collaborate with direct response on the stewardship of direct response donations
• Direct and implement a welcome series for all new benefactors and mission partners
• Manage the departing staff process with our missionaries
• Manage our missionary in need fund
• Manage our ministry hour’s calls and growing the ministry hour call program.
• Steward touch points regarding bishops and other important figures (i.e. elevation of clergy, appointments to councils, or recognitions of work)
• Reporting on stewardship activities to leadership
• 4 Year degree in related field.
• One to two years’ experience in related field.
• Ability to speak and write the English language with professional level skill is required.
• The individual must show respect for other employees, associates, clients, and the goals and objectives of The Fellowship of Catholic University Students
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, customer service, database knowledge & direct mail experience.
• Ability to manage many tasks and projects at one time.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure of a deadline
• Ability to communicate verbally over the phone
• Ability to navigate technology and it’s use within the office and its role in supporting FOCUS’ mission
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds required.
• Ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, sometimes while under high levels of pressure and stress, while remaining responsive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Must be able to follow instructions and work independently.
May require working a flexible schedule. Work performed in an environment with demanding timelines, shifting priorities and constant interruptions in work is routine.
Commensurate with experience
STEWARDSHIP MANAGER- A manager title would indicate a higher level of responsibility and oversight for the project. A Manager role would include the responsibilities and duties listed above in addition to a higher level of expectations on the goals set, and creative vision behind the annual stewardship plan. The Stewardship manager might also encompass the supervision of specialist positions that fall within the scope of Service Operations department. (79)