This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
STAFF NURSE RN OR LPN
Healthcare/Medicine, PT Employee
Little Sisters of the Poor (Chicago, IL)
The Little Sisters of the Poor is a Catholic, International Religious community whose only ministry is providing Homes for the needy elderly of all ethnic and religious backgrounds. Since 1870 we have been at the service of the needy elderly in Chicago where our St. Mary’s Home is home to 76 elderly. As Little Sisters we depend on God, and our mission is sustained largely through the goodness of the generous people and businesses of our local communities. The Little Sisters of the Poor is seeking an experienced part time second shift (3pm-11:30pm) RN or LPN. This position is 24 hours a week. This role reports directly to the Director of Nursing.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, licensed to practice in Illinois as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
2. Must have two years experience as a nurse, preferably in the area of geriatrics, rehabilitation or psychiatric nursing.
3. Must be able to function as the Charge Nurse for his/her tour of duty.
4. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
5. Must be able to function independently performing related duties/tasks with a minimum of supervision or direction.
6. Must have a basic knowledge of State and Federal regulations and guidelines governing long term care.
7. Must have good assessment skills and a working knowledge of the nursing process.
8. Preferable previous supervisory or management experience.
9. Must possess supervisory and leadership skills to interact effectively with staff, residents and families.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
1. Assess and evaluate assigned residents daily and report to relief nurse.
2. Timely reporting of changes in resident’s status or condition to Director of Nursing or her designee.
3. Notify resident physician and responsible party of untoward change of resident status, with prior reporting (if possible) to Director of Nursing or Administrator.
4. Assist resident with issues related to psychosocial needs i.e. aging and health changes/illness, loss and grief.
5. Administer and document prescribed medications/treatments accurately and timely and in compliance with policies/procedures.
Physical and Cognitive Requirements
1. Able to walk and stand constantly; frequently climb stairs; squat; kneel; twist; sit; bend and reach from floor to over head.
2. Able to frequently push and pull objects weighing 50 lbs. Must be able to push occupied wheelchairs.
3. Able to frequently lift and move objects weighing 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and move objects weighing more than100 lbs. This includes the occasional positioning and moving or residents from all positions. In emergency situations, must be able to bear entire weight and move resident to safety.
No Phone Calls
Hourly wage: $20.00/LPN $24.00/RN (105)