This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Law, FT Employee
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (Falls Church, VA)
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington seeks a full-time attorney for its Hogar Immigrant Services program. Hogar Immigrant Services offers a wide range of services to vulnerable populations without regard to religious or ethnic identity. Our goal is for immigrants to achieve self-sufficiency and participate fully as productive members of American society.Juris Doctor degree and admission to the bar of any state required.
The Staff Attorney will prepare cases for submission the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Department of State, Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals. She/he will represent clients before the USCIS Washington District Office, Arlington Asylum Office, ICE Office of Enforcement and Removal Operations, Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals, (BIA), including removal proceedings. The Staff Attorney will coordinate all aspects of a client’s case, including client communication, relevant research, drafting personal statements preparing immigration forms, writing briefs, drafting court motions and orders, and advocacy with law enforcement and other agencies. Additionally, the Staff Attorney will:
• Assist in the supervision of volunteers and student interns. Solicit the help of volunteer attorneys, paralegals, and others to assist with the provision of services when necessary.
• Provide in-service training to staff and volunteers on immigration-related skills and knowledge.
• Provide public education in the community, collaborating with other agencies.
• Advise the Program Director on legal issues pertaining to the Immigration Program (including recommendations for the staff training opportunities).
• Participate as needed in agency and program-wide data collection, fundraising, training, and strategic planning.
• Participate in meetings with immigration legal service community-based organizations.
• Participate on a periodic basis in day-long weekend naturalization workshops.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Juris Doctor degree and admission to the bar of any state
• Three years’ experience practicing immigration law to include substantial experience representing individual clients before agencies of the Department of Homeland Security and the Immigration Court.
• Proficiency in Spanish and English (writing and speaking)
• Ability to work both independently and with others to manage a substantial workload with deadline pressures.
• Competence in communicating and interacting with others of diverse cultural, geographic, and economic backgrounds in a professional and compassionate manner, including interacting with individuals experiencing substantial levels of emotional, physical, financial, or other hardship
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and online database software.
• Commitment to mission and goals of Catholic Charities Hogar Immigrant Services
• Willingness to uphold Catholic social teachings in the workplace.
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to [email protected]
No phone calls, please. (382)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic Diocese Of Arlington Va