This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Management, FT Employee
Knights of Peter Claver , Inc (New Orleans, LA)
1. Process invoices and other accounting documents and prepare revenue, expense and payroll entries.
2. Use Accounting and Financial software to maintain general ledger accounts; including general insurance accruals; fixed asset depreciation, accruals, amortization, and weekly payroll.
3. Prepare monthly reconciliations to general ledgers
4. Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
5. Compile and summarize current financial status by analyzing general ledger accounts and preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
6. Ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted and statutory policies and procedures
7. Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements by preparing quarterly and annual reports in accordance with Department of Insurance requirements
8. Establish, maintain and follow appropriate accounting procedures and policies and internal controls to ensure accuracy and integrity of accounting systems
1. Assist with the development of the annual operating budget
2. Analyze, monitor and review budgets versus revenue and expenditure trends and future commitments and prepare appropriate management reports that will recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control.
3. Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
4. Perform other management duties as determined by the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university; 3 years experience with 2 years insurance accounting preferred but not required.
* Working knowledge of generally accepted auditing and accounting practices and principles.
* Working knowledge of applicable insurance laws, codes and regulations
* Expert knowledge of computer-based applications including Microsoft Office and financial and accounting software. (112)
Incoming search terms:
- knights of peter claver audit