This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Augustine Institute (Greenwood Village, CO)
Staff Accountant for Catholic Non-Profit – Higher Education
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Under general supervision of the Controller, this employee will assist with (but is not limited to) the following:
• General Ledger & Monthly Reporting
• Fixed Assets Capitalization/Depreciation
• Cafe / Bookstore / Conferences Sales & Inventory Records
• Accounts Payable
• Student Billing
• Diocesan/Parish Program Subscriptions
• Payroll & Benefit Administration
• Sales Tax Calculation & Remittance
• Miscellaneous/additional duties as assigned by Controller
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant training/experience plus minimum of 5 years of accounting experience. Knowledge/experience of non-profit accounting/reporting requirements and familiarity with Blackbaud preferred.
• Must have a strong Catholic identity, holding to and practicing everything that the Catholic Church teaches.
• Competent with accounting software applications. Proven capability to learn and utilize new accounting software packages rapidly and effectively.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (training and experience) and ability to input, create, and utilize formulas and multi-function spreadsheets.
• Excellent customer service for both internal customers (fellow staff members, professors, and Executive Team) and external customers (donors, students, parishes, dioceses, suppliers, etc.).
• Dependable and detail-oriented.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literate (email, Internet, databases, and word processing systems/tools).
• Consistent professional appearance, deportment, and demeanor.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The Augustine Institute offers a competitive salary plus benefits package (including, but not limited to, employer-sponsored health insurance, 403B retirement plan, paid holidays, and paid vacation).
ONLY APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDING WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTING DISTANCE TO GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO, WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
Please email your resume as a Microsoft Word document with compensation requirements to Kristen Chisenhall: [email protected] (110)