This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SR. ENDOWMENT ACCOUNTANT
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Confidential (Braintree, MA)
SUMMARY: The Senior Endowment Accountant oversees a variety of accounting and reporting functions relating to endowments and charitable gift annuities maintained by related organizations of a large non-profit. The Senior Endowment Accountant is also responsible for assisting in the coordination, direction, planning and execution of the external audit process related to the funds. The position will also participate in the oversight of technical accounting research as it pertains to new and proposed accounting standards that impact those funds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for calculating and/or recording various transactions related to endowments, charitable gift annuities and other planned giving vehicles including initial setup and the calculation, distribution and posting of quarterly income distributions.
• Maintains compliance with GAAP for the funds and their associated accounts, including adherence to all required policies and procedures.
• Prepares general ledger postings, monthly reconciliations and analysis of accounts, supporting workpapers and financial and management reports for the funds.
• Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and presents results to leadership.
• Responds to inquiries from leadership regarding financial results, special reporting requests etc.
• Assists in the coordination, direction, planning and execution of the external audit process and related reporting.
• Participates in technical accounting research efforts. Analyzes, researches, interprets and concludes on new and proposed accounting and disclosure standards issued by FASB, IRS and other governing bodies as it impacts those funds.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
• Three to five years of non-profit experience including endowments and charitable gift annuities.
• Proven management and analytical skills.
• Experience with accounting research, interpretation and implementation of new pronouncements.
• Ability and flexibility to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to prepare comprehensive, clear and concise reports.
• High level of proficiency with financial software and Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong service orientation. (50)