This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SR. DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Fundraising, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
Position is responsible for managing a portfolio of major gift prospects
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibility is for identifying/developing and managing a portfolio of 150 major gift prospects/donors capable of making gifts of $25,000 or more. As part of this effort, responsible for developing strong relationships with key volunteers to engage their involvement and support in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of these prospects. Specific duties include:
• Development of strategies, goals and objectives for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects. These strategies will recognize the unique motivations and individuality of each prospect and will be developed in collaboration with other members of the team, as needed.
• Successfully solicit donors for gifts in excess of $25,000, working closely with volunteers and other staff as appropriate
• Maintain and update individual prospect/donor files with appropriate records and contact reports, and communicate this information to all appropriate individuals within the organization.
• Manage correspondence, invitations, acknowledgements, stewardship and communications with assigned prospects/major donors to assure overall coordination, individualized attention and to maximize the building of satisfying, long-term relationships.
• Plan and implement events as needed, including small dinners in donors’ homes, business breakfasts, or larger dinners/receptions.
• Participate as member of senior team in setting organizations goals in conjunction with Institutional Advancement leadership.
• In consultation with the Vice President of Development, set mutually agreeable performance goals/standards to effectively measure the quality and quantity of the relationships, gift results and donor satisfaction.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 10-15 years of fundraising experience, including three years of proven success in major gifts fundraising.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment
• Demonstrated experience in raising capital gifts is preferred
• Experience in organizing special events around major gifts fundraising
• Superior organizational and leadership skills
• Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage many projects simultaneously
• Proven interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, especially in gift proposal preparation
• Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion and to exercise good judgment, sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with prospect tracking systems; (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred)
• Professional and pleasant demeanor, ability to interact well with high-level executives, trustees, community members and partner organizations
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]