This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SR. DATABASE DEVELOPER-ANALYST
Technology, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
SUMMARY: The Senior Database Developer / Analyst role is to provide a broad array of database analysis, development, administration support and services in support of the business and mission needs of the organization. This includes high level and detailed analysis, modeling, design, development, testing and ongoing support of databases and database applications. This individual is also responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of various database environments. Success in this role requires innovative and creative approaches that focus on delivery of services in an efficient and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Database Analysis and Development
• Analysis, design, development and maintenance of hosted and web-based database applications. This includes the business applications that provide effective business and administration services in support of the mission of the Archdiocese of Boston.
• Maintenance of existing legacy applications. This includes SQL Server, Oracle, Orable Forms, .Net, and Access.
• Provide technical guidance and expertise in addressing data management and data integrations issues.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on technologies and approaches in support of solutions and technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
• Provide day-to-day support for on-premise database environments. This include all administrative tasks and activities (upgrades, patching, security, backup and recovery)
• Plan, improve and adopt best-practices for the execution and management of application and database services.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
Technology Support and Operational Management
• Provide hands-on technical oversight and management application and database environments. This includes Software as a Service (SaaS), on-premise and set of legacy custom applications.
• Continuous improvement of data management and integration approaches.
• Identify, recommend, and prioritize new features, services and solutions in conjunction with business requirements and improvements.
• Install, test, debug and document services and solutions using the appropriate tools.
Service Delivery and Support
• Establish and maintain effective support service levels in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
• Act as technical liaison with SaaS vendors for the procurement of services, new system technologies, oversee installation and resolve integration and adaptation issues.
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor Degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and or equivalent work experience.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
• Knowledge and experience in Microsoft SQL Server (various versions) and Microsoft Access (various versions) environments. Including analysis, design, development, maintenance and support of these environments.
• Knowledge and experience with Business Intelligence approaches and environments. Experience using SQL Server Report Services
• Knowledge and experience in design (logical and physical design) of databases. Ability to create queries, procedures, functions, forms and reports on various database platforms. Database documentation and representation, including ER diagramming,
• Experience working within a defined project lifecycle (project schedules, business requirements, change management, project documentation, test plans, training and implementation activities).
• Knowledge, experience and solid grounding in application development approaches and technologies.
• Knowledge and experience in support of web-based solutions
• Implementation and support of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) business management systems (accounting, finance, budget, human resource, collaboration and data management and reporting).
• Working knowledge of current implementation and solution support models (internal / on-premise, hosted, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) / Platform as a Service (PaaS) / SaaS, cloud-based etc.)
• Track record of providing services that meet performance and availability requirements defined in Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Ability to work with business users in support of the definition and analysis of business requirements.
• Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Ability to develop and maintain functional, technical and business documentation.
Highly Desired Knowledge and Experience (Not Required):
• Using Open Source database and data management solutions (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Pentaho, Jasper, etc.)
• Implementations using Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal, Joomla and WordPress.
• Implementing and supporting solutions and applications in cloud-based environments (EC2, Azure, Rackspace, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience in supporting the transition from traditional hosted applications to cloud-based solutions.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing and technology issues as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Willingness to support the mission and identity of the Archdiocese of Boston and the Catholic Church.
To apply send your cover letter and resume to hr_staffing @rcab.org (126)