This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SOUTHWEST DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
Clerical/Administrative, PT Employee
Legion of Christ (Spring, TX)
SOUTHWEST REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
Location: Spring, Texas
The half time Regional Development Assistant has a solid understanding and appreciation of benefactor development in context of the Catholic Faith. With this foundation the Regional Development Assistant role is the organizational and functional administrative support for all regional development personnel and activities (Southwest Region) of the Legion of Christ.
• Research, generate, qualify, setup and properly categorize prospective and existing benefactor appointments
• Help plan, organize, promote and assist in conducting a variety of local development events and local fundraising campaigns including registration and follow-up administrative assignments
• Work with the communications and marketing team on communication campaigns
• Complete multiple foundation applications
• Work closely and actively with the national development office administrators in researching existing and potential benefactors
• Manage local contact database, distribute periodic scheduled updates and assist in maintaining national benefactor database
• Maintain local forecasts and assist in maintaining national forecasts
• Manage various social communication tools and channels including posting articles and managing blogs and other development related websites
• Provide development officers with all assigned administrative support
• Prepare all development and other reports as assigned
• Fulfill the duties of secretary for the development committees
• Attend certain development meetings both regionally and nationally
• Bachelor degree
• 3-5 years of related experience and/or training required.
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Intimate understanding of planned gift and annual fund development processes and operations
• Demonstrated skills in working volunteers and coordinating their effort and energy towards the attainment of strategic initiatives
• Demonstrated skill in effectively working on teams
• Proficient in circumstances involving meeting critical deadlines, attention to large amounts of detail, copy editing, follow-through on critical assignments, etc.
• Strong capability to present information and respond to questions effectively
• Proficient with technology is required in particular basic website content management, navigating and conducting research via the Internet and using Microsoft Office 2010.
• Detail oriented; exceptional office and contacts organizing talents
• Understanding or willingness to learn contact management software
• Complete respect for the Roman Catholic Church; familiarity with the Legion of Christ and Regnum Christi preferred.
DOE. Excellent benefit package.
With “SW Regional Development Assistant” in the subject line, please email resume, cover letter, and earnings history to: [email protected] (106)
Incoming search terms:
- (Southwest Region) of the Legion of Christ
- Legionaries of Christ Spring Texas