This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Counseling, PT Employee
Archdiocese of Boston (Braintree, MA)
SUMMARY: The social worker will work a part time schedule at 24 hours/week with some evenings and/or weekends required. The social worker will provide clinical assessment, screening, case management and support to individuals, families, and parishes impacted by the sexual abuse of a minor by church personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide clinical assessment and support along with crisis intervention and brief clinical intervention as needed and appropriate
• Provide clinical leadership in absence of the director.
• Facilitate and lead support and educational groups for survivors.
• Assist in the coordination of treatment services for survivors with treating clinicians in the community.
• Provide emergency basic needs case management when appropriate.
• Participate in documentation review and the authorization process.
• Masters Degree in Social Work or a related field. First level license preferred.
• 3-5 years experience working with survivors of sexual abuse and other forms of trauma required.
• 3-5 years experience working with basic needs assistance programs required.
• Willingness and ability to travel throughout the diocese.
• Skill at relating to those who work, volunteer, and/or worship within the Catholic Church and with those who are estranged from the church due to abuse.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] (39)