This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Baltimore (Baltimore, MD)
Main responsibilities include control of UltiPro bi-weekly payroll process, investment reporting, analysis of general ledger accounts, bank reconciliations, subsidiary schedule reconciliations and assist in the preparation and review of monthly financials. The position reports to the Assistant Controller and should be able to handle various accounting processes and questions with confidence and minimal direct oversight.
Position is also responsible as the administrative financial lead for the Catholic Community Foundation ensuring that Board mandated rules are complied and acting as staff for the CCF Investment Committee.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Record and reconcile monthly investment activity including investment income, unrealized and realized gains/losses, and appropriate accruals.
• Analysis of changes in investment should be documented noting additions/withdrawals and using external market factors to assess the reasonableness of investment changes.
• Review specific transactions to ensure specific designated investments or restricted investments are properly impacted. Such areas include, but are not limited to campaign transactions (Capital, Annual Appeal, Partners in Excellence), and specific fund for IPLF, Retirement, Property, and Insurance.
• Review and record the UltiPro bi-weekly payroll.
• Maintain all UltiPro records/reports to ensure accuracy of quarterly tax reporting and year-end W-2 information including reconciliation to the general ledger.
• Perform month end closings including preparation of monthly accruals for payroll, vacation and other expenses.
• Prepare bank, general ledger and account reconciliation/analysis on a monthly basis for all companies associated with Catholic Center.
• Assist in monthly preparation and review of financials. Including actual vs. budget analysis and interaction with Divisional personnel in understanding variances.
• Assist in monitoring receivables and performing necessary actions in billing, collection and research
• Assist in annual budget process for Central Services
• Assist in annual audit requirements
• Posting and maintenance of CCF gift and pledges
• Monthly posting and allocating investment changes, income, fee and management fees across all endowments held in the CCF
• Prepare on a quarterly basis financial reports to both beneficiaries and donors on fund activity
• Prepare on an annual basis the payout formula and ensure that all distributions from the endowments are consistent with Board mandated payment restrictions and individual restrictions that may be fund specific.
• Participate in CCF Investment Committee meetings as necessary.
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years experience.
• CPA and or a CPA candidate with public audit experience is preferred.
• Experience in a medium to large sized organization.
• Needs to be a self starter and have the ability to multitask effectively.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills are a must.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and automated payroll services are essential.
• Ultipro payroll and Great Plains database experience are a plus.
• Ability to work independently as well as a contributing member of a team is vital. (162)
Incoming search terms:
- financial analyst responsibilities and duties
- senior finance analyst position baltimore