SENIOR EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Education: University/College, FT Employee
Belmont Abbey College (Belmont, NC)
The Senior Executive Assistant is responsible for the overall support, organization, and coordination of the Offices of The President, Chief Financial Officer and Vice President for College Relations and General Counsel.
The incumbent must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, as well as present a positive attitude reflecting the mission of Belmont Abbey College while providing high levels of service. The incumbent must be well organized, able to manage multiple priorities, and work independently with minimal direction while meeting deadlines in a professional and personable manner. Due to the confidential nature of the position, the incumbent must be able to safe guard confidential materials. The incumbent must be able to act with good judgment and discretion and possess strong oral and written communication skills.
In addition to the personal characteristics already described, the incumbent supports, embraces, and instills the habit of excellence and virtue to foster the vision of Belmont Abbey College as a Benedictine institution that finds glory in the true, the beautiful, and the good. The incumbent will consistently demonstrate skills, attitudes, and stable disposition of character to support the richness of our Catholic and Benedictine identity while fostering the development of mind, body, and spirit in our students, our staff, and the greater community. In addition to the personal characteristics already described, the incumbent must be committed to the mission of the College.
• Manage the Executive Assistant and other staff as assigned by the Executive Staff
• Maintains orderly flow of President’s appointments and coordinates President’s constantly changing calendar while effectively managing President’s time.
• Ensure each member of the Executive Staff is prepared for all meetings and functions, including the preparation of a daily schedule which may contain briefing notes, and the collation of any papers and required reading for the forthcoming meetings.
• Establish and maintain networks and positive working relationships with staff at all levels of the College, as well as external stakeholders.
• Schedules and makes necessary arrangements for meetings with on and off campus individuals.
• Makes all arrangements for Executive Staff travel, including directions and background materials.
• Assess matters coming into the Executive Suite and inform the Executive Staff, ensuring absolute confidentiality is maintained.
• Supports the Executive Staff in meeting internal and external deadlines.
• Conduct research and compile information on various topics as requested by the Executive Staff
• Assist the Executive Staff with the preparation of management reports and presentations, including background material, as required.
• Manage incoming mail and other external and internal forms of communication and responses.
• Ensure responses are prepared and redirected as appropriate for internal and external inquiries, including coordination of input from other areas of the College.
• Prepare and reconcile expense reports and invoices for the Executive Staff.
• Coordinate meetings for Executive Management Team, Board of Trustees, and Board of Trustee Committee.
• Record and maintain minutes from various College meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
• Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience supporting at the executive level
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
• Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Prior experience working in a college or university is a plus
The work environment is a general office setting with minimal physical demands required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and contact info for three references to Cheryl Trotter at [email protected]
Located ten minutes west of Charlotte, North Carolina, Belmont Abbey College is a Catholic, Benedictine school that educates a diverse student body in the liberal arts and sciences. The College, which is more than 130 years old, is known for its dedicated faculty, their excellent teaching, the personal attention that students receive, and a friendly atmosphere both inside and outside of the classroom. There is a Benedictine monastery on campus, as well as a minor basilica. In keeping with the monks’ age-old tradition of hospitality, the College community welcomes newcomers and works together for the benefit of our students–aiming to exemplify the aspiration that our College motto encapsulates: That in all things God may be glorified.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE (0)
Incoming search terms:
- belmont abbey cheif financial officer