This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD)
Position Title: Senior Auditor
Department/Country: Internal Audit
Location: Baltimore, MD
Reports To: Director of Internal Audit
As the Auditor-in-Charge, the Senior Auditor (SA) will lead internal audits of CRS country programs and HQ units in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, and CRS policies and procedures, under the direction of the Auditor-in-Charge. In addition the SA:
• Prepares timely reports on Agency operations that are based upon disciplined audit programs as documented in professionally prepared work papers.
• Works collaboratively with CRS staff to share knowledge, perform root cause analysis, and agree on practical and effective recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
• Responsible for the conduct of the internal audit engagement
• Plans all aspects of the internal audit engagement
• Participates in entrance and exit meetings. In the normal course of an audit, the Senior Auditor performs roles such as explaining the purpose of the audit, defining information required from auditees, explaining findings and recommendations, and emphasizing follow-up requirements.
• Conducts performance assessments of audit team members after an engagement.
• Performs reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities in accordance with professional audit standards.
• Determines the level of transaction testing required.
• Prepares and indexes work papers, ensuring that files are organized, legible, and logically developed.
• Gives an opinion on the adequacy of internal controls, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and compliance with CRS policies and procedures.
• Produces findings and recommendations that are developed and are presented in the required format and referenced to supporting documentation in the work papers.
• Assesses CRS’ monitoring of subrecipients.
• Performs site visits as required at partner offices to assess partner capacity to implement effective internal controls.
• Performs site visits of CRS and partner warehouses to inspect the condition of commodities and to evaluate internal controls systems.
• Performs assessments of information technology controls.
Agency-wide Competencies: These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
• Bachelor degree in accounting or finance required.
• Certification, CPA, and/or CIA desired.
• Minimum of ten years prior auditing experience in progressively responsible roles within internal audit.
• Work experience with a non-profit organization or public accounting firm preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Superior analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
• Proven ability to use office productivity software currently in use at CRS.
Travel: Must be available and have ability to travel approximately 50% of the time to countries where CRS has operations.
Foreign Language: Fluency in French, Arabic, or Spanish preferred, but not required.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
A U.S. passport holder is preferred because of the travel requirements.
To apply, please visit: