This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SENIOR ADVISOR – ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE AND EFFECTIVENES
Management, FT Employee
Catholic Relief Services (Baltimore, MD)
Job Title: Senior Advisor – Organizational Performance and Effectiveness
Department: Strategy and Organizational Development
Location: United States/Baltimore
Reports to: EVP Strategy and Organizational Development
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cherish, preserve and uphold the sacredness and dignity of all human life, foster charity and justice, and embody Catholic social and moral teaching, CRS relief and development programs promote lasting, positive outcomes to the challenges of poverty and injustice. In addition to the over 100 million people CRS programs serve overseas, the organization works to inspire and engage over 8 million Catholics in the U.S. to confront global poverty.
The Strategy and Organizational Development (S&OD;) department is a unit of the Executive Office based in CRS headquarters in Baltimore. The S&OD; department supports innovation and organizational change to boost performance and effectiveness aligned to strategic priorities. The S&OD; team plays both a leadership and facilitation role. S&OD; team members support organizational development and continuous improvement across the agency’s divisions. They provide leadership and support for improving and developing people, systems, work processes and work environment as prioritized by our agency strategy. In partnering with leadership and line managers to align efforts to strategic priorities, they facilitate creation of an organizational culture that values continuous improvement, best practices, lessons learned, and quality outcomes shaped by our Mission and Catholic identity.
Working closely with agency leadership and line managers, the Senior Advisor for Organizational Performance and Effectiveness advances agency strategic priorities in three main areas:
1. Alignment of systems for integrated planning and budgeting to support agency strategy
2. Development of an agency-wide approach to performance effectiveness and promotion of a culture of operational excellence
3. Creation of systems to measure organizational performance for the joint purposes of organizational learning, continuous improvement and external communications.
The ideal candidate for this position actively seeks knowledge and shares best practices and lessons learned. S/he knows when to play a leadership role, and when to play a facilitation or consultative role. S/he is a collaborative team player, flexible and able to manage competing demands and adjust to agency needs as they evolve.
1. Align systems for integrated planning and budgeting to support agency strategy
• Working with divisional leadership and staff and building on existing strengths, support development of an integrated planning process aligned to the new strategy
• Working with divisional leadership and staff and building on existing strengths, support the development of a budget alignment process to ensure budgetary investments are prioritized for the implementation of the strategy. Additionally, develop and implement a performance tracking and reporting process for actual results against budget.
• Develop a strategy and tools for roll out of the integrated management system in collaboration with the Sr. Advisor for Internal Communications advisor and divisional line managers.
2. Advance an agency-wide approach to performance effectiveness and promote a culture of operational excellence
• Connect diverse divisional and departmental efforts to create a holistic agency framework for operational excellence.
• Design and facilitate workshops and discussions involving senior leaders for the identification and recommendation of critical inter-divisional business processes and standards that would benefit from improvement and lead identification of teams/protocols/resources to prioritize and address them.
3. Manage systems to measure organizational performance for the joint purposes of learning, continuous improvement, accountability, and external communications.
• Oversee collection of data for Strategy Dashboard and Operational Performance Indicators (as per the Board Policy on Organizational Performance and Effectiveness) for annual submission to the Board.
• Research options for reporting and measuring against divisional, department, country program plans and propose a framework for reporting against annual plans and budget.
• Ensure business development, fundraising and media functions have access to strategy and organizational performance information for external communications purposes
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Develops Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Strategy and Organizational Development Team, CRS Senior Managers and Line Managers, Budget Director, Regional Directors and Executives
External: Consultants, Peer Organizations and Associations in the areas of strategy, organizational development, continuous improvement and performance effectiveness
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Minimum of Master’s degree in organization development, social sciences or work equivalency in relief and development field
2. Minimum of 10 years progressive responsibility in the areas of strategy and organizational development
3. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
4. Strong project management and strategic planning skills
5. Exceptional communication skills; can develop clear, concise and logically written communications as well as deliver recommendations effectively
6. Systems thinking – ability to see how parts interact with the whole
7. Strong background in business process analysis
8. Strong analytic and decision making abilities
9. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
10. Ability to work with all levels in an organization
11. Demonstrated knowledge of organizational change methodologies and techniques
12. Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
13. Track record of creativity/innovation within area of responsibility
14. Advanced computer skills including Microsoft office, SharePoint. Social media a plus.
Foreign Language Required:
Normal conditions for an office environment
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
Note: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
To apply, please visit