This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services (Sacramento, CA)
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer of CFCS, Inc.
Essential Functions: As a practicing Catholic and member of the staff of CFCS, under the supervision of the CFO, the Senior Accountant shall for both CFCS and Sacramento Catholic Family Insurance Services, Inc. (SCFIS):
• Perform technical and advanced accounting functions, including maintenance, analysis and reporting of general ledger accounts and budgets.
• Prepare complex accounting records, reports, and analysis in all areas of cemetery finances, including but not limited to accounts receivable aging, inventory, deferred revenue, and accounts payable.
• Prepare correcting, adjusting and closing entries for accounting journals
• Reconcile investment and bank accounts; reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare required entries.
• Prepare departmental revenue and expense reports and analysis
• Participate in the preparation of the annual independent audits of CFCS and SCFIS, its subsidiary.
• Participate in processing all transactions and serve as liaison between cemetery operating personnel and accounting.
• Perform special project functions as required
• Supervise and assist accounting clerk
Education: Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
Experience: CPA license or a minimum of five years experience in all processes of accounting cycle, basic internal controls and GAAP.
Skills / Knowledge: The Church’s mission in the Diocese of Sacramento; current GAAP knowledge; budgeting procedures; must be highly proficient with Excel and Word. Experience with Solomon and Great Plains a plus. Demonstrated good communication skills: both oral and written.
Salary will be negotiable based upon experience. (132)
Incoming search terms:
- catholic cathedral in sacramento ca