This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Accounting/Finance, FT Employee
Archdiocese of Philadelphia-World Meeting of Families 2015 (Philadelphia, PA)
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is seeking a Senior Accountant for the World Meeting of Families- Philadelphia. This is a full-time, temporary position. We expect that the position will be necessary through December 2015. The Senior Accountant position is responsible for ensuring that the books and records of the World Meeting of Families are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The position is responsible for producing highly detailed analytical reports that support month-end balances for all asset, liability and net asset accounts. This position requires competence in a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit financial statement assistance and preparation of budget and forecast activities. The position will meet tight deadlines and have effective written and verbal communication skills.
The major job duties include:
• Preparing and recording asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolves discrepancies;
• Preparing monthly financial statements including Statement of Net Assets and Statement of changes in Net Assets and generates ad hoc reports as requested by management;
• Preparing annual budgets and event forecasts;
• Supporting WMOF management in negotiating vendor contracts; participating in WMOF board of director meetings;
• Continuously improving and monitoring internal controls and oversight of financial systems;
• Assisting in external financial audit;
• Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information regarding the World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia in September 2015, please visit www.archphila.org or www.WorldMeeting2015.org.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required; CPA and/or MBA is preferred;
• Must have at least five years’ experience in general accounting;
• Nonprofit experience is desired;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite & G/L Packages;
• Proficiency in use of accounting software;
• Effective time management skills and ability to multitask. (137)
Incoming search terms:
- world meeting of families 2015
- how to be a vendor world meeting of families
- world meeting of families philadelphia pa