This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
Clerical/Administrative, FT Employee
Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph (Kansas City, MO)
General Responsibilities: While the person who holds this position is supervised by the Director of the Office of Family Life, he or she also receives work assignments directly from the other directors. This person must be able to keep confidential information secure.
Regular tasks include:
1) Sort and distributes incoming mail
2) Determine priorities for completing assigned work requests in cooperation with directors
3) Handle telephone and e-mail inquiries and messages
4) Reserve and schedule space and calendar dates for meetings
5) Arrange for meeting and event space at the chancery and other locations
6) Hospitality for onsite (and some off-site) meetings or events (signage, food/drink, etcetera)
7) Greet visitors
8) Use word processing and graphic design technology to produce letters, program materials, and newsletters; proofreads and edits
9) Operate office equipment including: computers fax machine, printers, scanner, copier, calculator and digital projectors.
10) Prepare outgoing mail
11) Maintain stock of materials (books, flyers, etcetera) for IGM offices
12) Fulfill orders for Marriage Preparation materials from parishes
13) Maintain online registration and data entry for regular and occasional events
14) Maintain and assist in coordinating scheduling, registration and record keeping for the God’s Plan program
15) Attend regular Intergenerational Ministry meetings
16) Handle record keeping for Intergenerational Ministry accounts payable and receivable
17) Make purchases by telephone, online or in person to replenish office supplies
18) Completes other duties and assignments as determined by the immediate supervisor.
Basic Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
-Proficient on PC computer systems and software: Windows, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Publisher, and Outlook, Online website updating, etcetera
-Ability to collaborate with staff.
- Fluency (both written and oral) in English and Spanish (preferred)
-Ability to respect others.
-Proven accuracy in written communications.
-Demonstrated telephone operation and courtesy.
-Familiarity with a Catholic understanding of ministry is a vocational asset.
-Ability to maintain a safe environment for vulnerable members of our community (children, youth, the aged,) by following mandated conduct standards and complying with mandated reporter requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The position normally works an 8 hour day, forty hours per week with occasional evening or weekend responsibilities a few times per year. Most work activities are conducted within an individual office setting, complete with standard height chair, desk, and appropriate lighting. Occasional driving to shop for supplies or to assist at offsite events will be needed.
The person holding this position has sufficient stamina and physical abilities for:
-Sitting at the computer to complete word processing and graphic design tasks;
-Standing and or walking to package, mail, photocopy, and or fax material;
-Lifting packages or boxes not in excess of 30 lbs.;
-Seeing and hearing to attend to written and oral work (249)
Incoming search terms:
- diocese of kansas city st joseph
- duties of a youth secretary
- st joseph olongapo city baptism archives