SECOND GRADE TEACHER
Education: Elementary, FT Employee
Saint John Academy (McLean, VA)
Saint John Academy is Parish Catholic School and Nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School of Excellence located in McLean, Virginia for grades Pre-school to 8th grade. 100% of our graduates go on to competitive and top private area high schools.
We are soliciting applications for the position of Second Grade Teacher. Along with providing exceptional academic instruction, our Second Grade teacher is responsible for the sacramental preparation of our students for both First Confession and First Communion. Strong preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience, experience in Catholic education, and experience in sacramental preparation for children.
For the best consideration please submit a resume and cover letter electronically to our school Headmaster, Mr. Michael Bussman, at [email protected] by April 8th. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis after April 8th and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
No “LinkedIn” applications please. LinkedIn applications will be discarded and not considered.
- Love of children and a strong desire to work in a Catholic school
- Strong support of the conservative, orthodox Catholic mission of our school
- Able to pass federal and state background checks
- Certified teacher or ability to be state certified within 3 years
- Teachers with classroom experience in a Catholic school
- Teachers with sacramental prep experience
- Teachers with state certification
Our salary is competitive for Catholic schools and above the average for area Catholic schools. Saint John Academy is recognized as a 2012 Best School in Northern Virginia and a 2008 National Blue Ribbon of Excellence winner, and we continue to attract and hire strong and proven teacher candidates.
Recent college graduate candidates are welcome and should be motivated, energetic, eager for a challenge, and at the top of their class. (0)
Incoming search terms:
- Catholic Churches in McLean VA
- st john mclean first communion