This is a syndicated post from CatholicJobs.com. [Read the original article...]
SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM STAFF
Other, FT Employee
CYO Camp Rancho Framasa (Nashville, IN)
II. PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
The Program Staff are primarily responsible for performing the duties of program facilitation for visiting groups in the following programs: outdoor education, leadership/team building, guest rental groups and CYO retreats. Other camp life/community responsibilities are also functions of the program staff.
III. POSITION CONTENT- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
A. Program Planning and Facilitation
1. Teach or lead challenge, leadership, outdoor education, faith, and recreational activities.
2. Interact with program participants and monitor their needs and safety.
3. Follow daily and weekly schedules.
4. Plan and implement lesson plans for specific program areas.
5. Clean, maintain, and keep inventory of specific program areas and equipment as assigned.
6. Develop curriculum when needed.
7. Prepare facilities and host guest groups.
B. Other Responsibilities and Regular Activities
1. Housekeeping-Assist in the cleaning and sanitation of cabins, camp program areas, and other camp property.
2. Food Service-Assist with assigned food service operations and snack duties.
3. Prepare for and actively participate in staff trainings and meetings
4. Demonstrate a willingness to provide service to others in the camp community and to camp’s guests and program participants.
5. Show a respect for individual property, camp equipment, and facilities.
6. Demonstrate responsibility and good judgment, decorum, politeness, appropriate dress, etc.
7. Work to uphold the mission and philosophies of the Arch. of Indianapolis, the CYO and CYO Camp.
IV. POSITION SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
A. Expectations and Abilities
1. Plan and lead activities and events. This includes physical work outdoors in rugged terrain where mobility & stamina are important.
2. Ensure participant’s safety, health, and respect during their experience.
3. Participate in staff events and support all members of the staff community
4. Maintain flexibility.
5. Strive to learn and improve as a camp outdoor education professional.
6. Participate with enthusiasm and maintain a positive attitude and find an appropriate outlet for venting frustrations when necessary.
7. Model 5 core values: Catholic, Inclusive, Stewards of the Earth, Staff Development, and Participant-Centered.
B. Education, Training, and/or Experience
1. Must be at least twenty-one years of age and/or a college graduate.
2. Must have relevant experience teaching/leading children.
3. Must possess an ability to lead groups of children and adults in outdoor education and related activities.
VI. WORKING ENVIRONMENT
1. Regular evenings and weekends are necessary
2. Most work is performed outdoors and there will be exposure to the sun and elements.
3. Camp Rancho Framasa is set in a wonderful hardwood forest. To maintain this, no- or low-impact outdoor ethics are necessary.
4. Staff training will be provided, including curriculum design, planning, and teaching; behavior management techniques; small and large group facilitation; activity specialist training (canoeing, archery, low/high ropes, fire building, etc.).
5. During the course of the season, Program Staff are expected to adhere to standards and policies introduced during staff training.
6. Program Staff must conduct themselves in a manner fitting their profession and role as an employee of CYO Camp Rancho Framasa, both at camp and in the community.
1. Salary received on the 1st and 15th of each month. Salary includes one-week paid vacation, Christmas break and holidays.
2. Housing (optional) is provided. Housing may include roommates and/or house mates in gender specific residents.
3. Program Staff who choose to live off-site will have access to residential staff amenities.
4. Board is included throughout the season. When groups are in camp, this will include prepared meals (vegetarian options, salad bar, fruit, snacks available) at the camp’s dining hall (OPC). When groups are not in camp, staff have access to designated leftovers.
5. Internet access, satellite TV, VCR, DVD, laundry facilities, stocked kitchens are included.
6. Accident insurance as covered under the Archdiocese of Indianapolis policy (workers compensation).
7. Mileage reimbursement accumulated on personal vehicles if use is deemed necessary for work purposes. (143)
Incoming search terms:
- housekeeper responsibilities and duties
- management and leadership in inclusive education